Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cornwall Trials

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Methos
Archivist

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-09-10

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 15:59

Looking to pay back the fact I use this resource a lot, can't do this all the time fornow, but I will get it started. I will keep replying, starting from the oldest trials. If I stop, anyone out there pick up where I left off.
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 15:59

Lawsuit between Ka and the town of Dartmouth

Ka was charged with commission of fraud.

The sentence has been passed
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
After studying this Town Regulation carefully and reviewing the procedures utilized to enact it, I find the town of Dartmouth to have failed in their duties of a timely proper notification of this regulation. Per Volume III, Chapter 5, "Cornwall County Town Regulations Law" section, line number 7 of the Cornwall County Law:

7. The regulation must be posted in the Town Hall mayor’s message, and in the appropriate town forum, and go into effect on the second reset after this is done.

---

The post in the Town Forum is dated Sep 11, 2006. By law it is not in effect until Sep 13, which is this very day, well into court preceedings. The post claims to be retroactive. I rule this invalid, given that the purpose of the notice is to allow incoming potential merchants to be forewarned of the town policies. As it was not available at the time the alleged 'mercants' arrival, the regulation is ruled to not be in effect.

Case dismissed on the grounds of improper charges.

Bill of indictment
Ka, you are hereby accused to break the Dartmouth Law about Merchants:

"All merchants (except the 2 designated Dartmouth Town Merchants who are already versed in what to obtain to meet current, pending deals) must notify the Dartmouth Minister of Trade PRIOR to their arrival (at least 24 hours notice). These merchants must not purchase any goods without the permission of the Minister of Trade in conjunction with the Mayor. These merchants may only sell those goods that are not presently available on the PLAYERS MARKET or those goods agreed to in advance (hence the notification and only those goods that are below the town’s suggested minimum prices as reflected in the Mayor’s Message daily).

Failure to notify the Minister of Trade will result in a stern warning for the 1st offense, a 20 pound fine for the 2nd offense, and a 50 pound fine AND a 60 day ban from our fair town for any offenses exceeding 2. Failure to follow the purchase or sell rules will result in a 125% fine imposed on the value of the goods purchased or sold, a 150% fine imposed for the second offense, and a 300% fine AND a 120 day ban from our fair town for any offenses exceeding 2 (official county travel allowed as long as they are not buying or selling on their journey through). "

You broke the first rule which was to notify our Minister of Trade or the mayor.
You broke a second rule by buying some iron that was supposed to go to our blacksmith , causing a short supply of iron for our blacksmith who need to work everyday to provide our town in Knife.
Then despite a warning from the Dartmouth mayor, you refused to give back what you bought illegally.

Here is the evidence:
"07-10-2006 11:00 : You have sold to Ka 3 iron ores for 21.50 pounds."

According to our law, the fine requested by the prosecution is 125% of this amount : 75 pounds

First defence pleading
Your honnor,

First of all, I'm not a mercant. I went to dartmouth to visit the town and to buy iron in the case of I would find it. I want to become a blacksmith. It is for my personal use, not for reselling or whatever. No law avoid a (furtur) backsmith to buy iron.

I had a warning about that from Lady Vaness so I came back to Plymouth when I saw that Dartmouth was not a welcoming town.

From this warning, I did not buy or sell anything on the market of Dartmouth. I was already traveling back to plymouth so I kept the iron.

So, considering that I'm not a mercant, and that it is my first warning anyway, this trial is not in accordance with the law.

Your honour, in any case it was not my intention to disturb the life of this town.

Regards,

Prosecutor indictment
Can be considered as merchant anyone buying or selling goods in our markets, there's no career of merchant and anyone can become an occasional merchant times to times, our law does not make the distinction between occasional trader and professional merchant.

Last defence pleading
Your honnor,

This law is not clear, and can be interpreted using subjective arguments. Windwalker itself recognise it. For example, The "mercant" word is not defined which can add some confusion.

Moreover, the town failed to properly post the law in the town forums as dictated by the County Town Regulations Law, thus making this law invalid.

Also, in order for a law to be applied, you must prove that I created a damage which is, I think, not the case.

For these reasons, I ask, your honor, to be discharged. In any case, I will never come again in Dartmouth until this law is canceled or modified, as I know that this kind of cases makes everyone loosing time.

Thanks,

Best Regards, and long life to our King.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:00

Lawsuit between Shewolf and Cornwall

Shewolf was charged with commission of traitorousness.

Statement of accusation
After in depth review, I find not a single piece of hard evidence indicating Shewolf did not fulfill her Captain obligations to the best of her abilities. The prosecution offers only supposition, personal belief, and theoretical leaps of logic to project possible motives. This Court cannot rule guilty on such inconclusive evidence.

We find the defendant, Shewolf, to be Not Guilty.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
Shewolf is here by brought before the County Court of Cornwall, on charges of Official Treason. The Official Treason law states:
III Official treason
Defined as the abuse or attempted abuse on any office.

*Seeking election to public office for the purpose of breaking any Law.
*Using the powers of any office, elected or otherwise, to defend oneself against prosecution in this or any other county.
*Seeking office, elected or otherwise, for the purpose of defending oneself against prosecution in this or any other county.
*Gaining any office, elected or otherwise, for the purpose of harassing another citizen or subject of England.
*Gaining, or using, any office to the detriment any person, for personal reasons.
*Using the powers of any office, elected or otherwise, for personal gain
*Using the powers of any office, elected or otherwise, for the personal gain of friends, family or organizations to which one is affiliated.
*Using any office, elected or otherwise, to break, or aide in the breaking of, any law in any county.
*Not attempting to fulfill the requirements of any office, elected or otherwise, to which one has chosen to accept.

We find the defendant to have be in breach of the final point, not fulfilling the post of Captain of the Cornwall Red Guards to the best extent possible.
During the War in Barnshire, the response of the Cornwall Red Guards was slow, and unco-ordinated. It is the belief of this office that the County forces could, and should, have been better organised.
Part of the reason, in the opinon of this office, that Shewolf was sympathizing with, and later an active member of, the Wolves of Sherwood. The CRG were activly at war with this organisation. Clearly, Shewolf was in a conflict of interest, which prevented her from fully executing the role of Captain.

You have admited to being a member of the organisation known as the Wolves of Sherwood. Proof of this admition is located at:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=20104

Your Honour,
as per the law, the sentance is your choice, and yours alone. "V Punishment:
The punishment shall be to the Judge's estimation and can reach Death penalty.

It may also include court orders to help repair any damages, or as public service. The punishment shall be dependant on the success of the acts in question, the severity of the acts in question, and the character that the guilty person(s) show before the acts, and after the acts, including the trial. "
We do not request the death penalty, as shewolf has conducted herself with some honour since it was proven that she was a member of the WoS. However, this office requests a prison term, public service and public humiliation be used should the defendant be found guilty.

Shewolf, you are allowed a fair trial. You may hire, or request aide, from any number of lawyers in the county. If you cannot find on for yourself, the office is located at :http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

May God guide us well in this matter.

First defence pleading
The indictment stipulates possible treasonous acts but does not stipulate nor provide evidence of any act, merely speculation that such an (unspecified) event may has occurred. Speculation has no weight in a court of law. In addition the response of the CRG listed above is the opinions of individuals and no official inquiry was held.

I’d also like to the court my own confession as evidence… The confession can be found here: http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=20104&start=0

I’d like the court to note specifically this line from my confession: “I first joined them as an infiltration mission”

I’d like to enter here a screenshot taken from the WOS forum of my profile, I’d like the court to take notice that the date I joined was August 7th 2006
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img226/3272/mydefenseym3.jpg

I’d like to enter here the post by Dark Devil that marked the beginning of the “Barnshire Crisis”
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=16699&highlight=barnshire

I’d like the court to note that the date of this post is August 9th, merely 2 days after registering on the WOS forum.

I’d like to note the last post in that thread was dated August 15th

The “Barnshire Crisis” Lasted for a total span of 6 days, and at its conclusion I had only been among the Wolves for 8 days at this point in time. During this point I was also mayor of Launceston, and asked Nogwa to lead the troops for this mission. I ask the court how could you possibly think that someone that entered the wolves with the intent of spying could change their loyalty within a period of 8 days. My actions at this time were in fact restricted due to my mayorship, not lack of loyalty. As such, I’d like to Call Dark Devil to my defense, to show that I was still only a registered member of the forum, and not among the organization at the time that “Barnshire” had concluded.

I hereby swear to the court that during the Barnshire crisis, my loyalty was still to both the CRG, and the Crown. I even testified against those involved in the “Barnshire” event before the court. I in no shape of form misused my position as captain for the gain of the Wolves of Sherwood.

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
As well as the information that witnesses will provide, this office has several specific examples of possible problems during the term of Shewolf.
The first is the Barnshire Crisis, also know as the Wiltwall Mission or the Barnshire War.

Shewolf says that she was a new member in the WoS at this time, and her evidence supports that. However, her evidence supports that she had inflitrated WoS prior to the announcement of the new county. Further, the Fort Barnshire had not been announced yet, and would not be annouced for several days.
While I have not even been a member of WoS, I find it hard to believe that any member of that organisation, regardless of rank, was unaware of the upcoming events. Further, in setting up a Fort in Barnshire it is unlikely that WoS would not have communicated with most of there members these intentions, looking for soldiers to man the fort.
Dark_Devil admits that he did not know of Shewolf's identity. Therefore the WoS would have been less suspect of her motives, and would have been more forthcoming with information.
If she was a spy for CRG against WoS, her duty would have been to discover this plot. Even if she did not find out the plot, she should have been able to find information about the fort. However, she did not.

During the same war, she did not lead the troops. The office understands that she was Mayor at the time, and could not reasonably leave Launceston. However, she could have given direction from behind the lines, or acted as a liason with Wiltshire, KoP or normal citizens. However, she did not. Frm. Captain Nogwa More controled the troops, Elite Drrino was (and continues to be) the WA-CRG liason, and the CGR seemed to be competing against Anto, not working with him. Now, some in CRG wonder why we were not lead by our leader, in what was the most important mission we had undertook up to that point.

A final note about the witlwall mission. Several troops admitted to conflicts of interest which could hinder their participation in the mission. Some were members of WoS, or sympathized with them. One soldier was working for Dark_Devil, and told this to the CRG. However, even with other soldiers admitting conflicts of interest, Shewolf did not. This would have been a reason for her not to lead the troops, but she never let on. Nobody knew why she did not lead CRG, because nobody knew of her mission.

During her time as a double agent, she flushed out an informate of the CRG who had infiltrated WoS. This was a direct action against the intelligence section of CRG. The informant was flaming_dog.

Finally, she knew of WoS rumors after the most recient council elections. There were several sets of rumors of WoS attacks against several towns. At this point shewolf had been a member of WoS for near 2 months, and is believed to be the informant who started this rumor. The Mayor of Launceston recieved the following message, from the Council Spokesperson:
"This was passed from nogwa to seawarrior, who asked me to send this out.

Quote:
Push this to the mayors. It came from Nogwa. Also form your informant's point of view - is it true?

CRG intel has confirmed it. WoS are about to make a move against Launceston or Barnstaple. Currently they are mobilising towards Fowey, where DD is running for mayor.

I'm assembling the entire CRG as our intel may be bad-intel about the specific location. It is however clear, that this is an imminent threat.

I rang the alarmbell of the CRG publicly, that might scare the WoS off for doing stupid stuff, or delay their plans.

The infiltrant reported that WoS wanted to abuse the fact that council wasn't ready yet.

please contact Nogwa, Seawarrior, or Leonardwashington regarding this."

However, there was no attack against any of the towns. The Mayor of Launceston later recieved information both confirming that the target was Launceston, and finally denying it was Launceston. However, no attack against Launceston, Fowey or the final location of Dartmouth ever happend.
It is the belief of this office that Shewolf knew that there was no attack, and (proverbially) wanted to see how high the Council and Towns would jump.

The wintesses will present different points of views, of these and other questionable orders of Shewolf.

While each of these is, in and of itself, fairly minor, as a whole they start to question the actions of Shewolf. She was a member of WoS, perhpas a spy against them, yet could not find any hint of the WoS plans to claim Barnshire, or later to construct the Fort.
She, as a member of WoS, revieled Flaming_dog to be an informant.
She spread, and possibly created, rumors of a WoS attack, when she knew that there was no attack planned.

Your honour, please don't look at the specific event. Please look at the whole of her job as Captain, and deside. Did her secret membership to WoS hurt CRG, or did it hinder her ability to complete the role of Captain to the best of her ability.

TRIAL CONTINUES TO NEXT POST
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:01

Last defence pleading
Mr. Prosecutor you are correct when you say you have not been a member of WoS. Since its conception it has been naturally weary of spies given the nature of some criminals to serve themselves before any outside organization. The nature of these attacks is to have the group participating know about the plan and all others to find out immediately before it occurs....meaning if you aren’t online you don’t find out about it until afterwards. I was not part of this attack and not privy to such information. Trust and respect in the wolves is earned at hard prices at is never just given therefore i could not have conceivably found out about the fort. Lastly as its leader Dark Devil does not trust anyone he does not know. As has already been agreed he did not know whom I was.

Next point raised by the prosecution is my decision to give leadership of the operation to Nogwa. The prosecution has SPECULATED without evidence that my decision as mayor of Launceston to stay and give leadership to a former council captain who at the time was still a current captain of the CRG leadership. So to rephrase the prosecution has alleged that to give command to a former, proven leader of the CRG (its founder no less) was a negligent decision. I refute that and still say it was a sound decision that was detrimental to noone. Furthermore Nogwa’s experiences exceed my own making him an even better choice.

Even though the indictment indicates that this trial would be restricted to the Barnshire incident the defense is happy to let this be a judgment on the captaincy. The prosecution has alleged that flaming dog was compromised, possibly on his word though he has not yet been called and no evidence supplied. What actually happened was a counter spy operation launched by members of WoS in which flaming dog unwittingly gave himself up. Furthermore this can be extended to the incorrect intel gathered immediately following the elections. Upon a target coming out from a real intel source a members of the WoS proceeded to add fake “intel” and rumors to confuse the information held by the CRG and the council. Attacks on Dartmouth and Launceston weren’t ever planned to happen. WoS has evolved to combat CRG with some real mastermind projects, I was not the catalyst for CRG’s intelligence defeat. Even now with full knowledge of my position and my full reliance on the organization for my protection I am not privy to much information beyond what I am required to know.

The letter referred to by the prosecution was not made during my time as captain, but as spokesperson (after being captain) and thus it is requested that this evidence be rejected.

In short as captain I was a spy that achieved not a great deal due to upgraded security there. As spokesperson I was confused and did nothing for either organization. When I left the council I became a wolf though and through. Since this trial is on my captaincy I have explained my actions and it can be seen that I acted to the best of my ability on the information available. What the prosecution has attempted to do is scapegoat me for the failings of the CRG without evidence and only with opinion. The defense agrees that the entire captaincy be looked at but also requests that the fact I did not have hindsight as you do now be considered.

The defence called Dark_Devil
His statement:
Your honor; I hereby bring my testimony that Shewolf did enter the Wolves late days after the Barnshire crisis, and I assume at this point her goal was still spying us. Actually, I only learnt who she was really a few days ago, once I supposed, she was seduced by our lifestyle, and decided to choose her side.

As I said, I only learnt her real identity few days ago and I can swear in front of this jury that she didn't bring to the WOS any crucial information related from the CRG; actually, by thinking of it, she didn't even bring us any information from the CRG at all.

Being member of the wolves is not a crime by itself. Prosecuting her on this only accusation is abuse of power.

I think the Court should rather investigate on the source of this revelation. I hereby accuse Malachia to have used witchery means to get this information I and Shewolf, were the only one to know (OOC : By witchery means, I think about IP scan ability of moderators, a totally NRP method). I suggest the Court to bring here the testimony of Malachia explaining how she knew something I myself ignored one week ago !! The Court of Justice can't work on witch assumptions !

The prosecutor called Nogwa
His statement:
I quote the Regent of England, Prince John Dugustus his proclomation made on the 14th of august of this year.

"We Decree there shall be no quarter, no mercy, and no passage for any of the Wolves of Sherwood. All those under the banner of the Wolves of Sherwood shall be put to death. All those speaking support of thier ideals and designs shall be held to account for treason. There shalt not be any quarter given. We hence forth declare that no surender shalt be accepted from any one raising arms against Loyal forces for the duration of this action."

As I have no evidence of Shewolf leaking information to the WoS. I can however inform the court that Shewolf has not fullfilled her task as Captain. She has not recruited sufficiant new members, she has not taking command of any field operation and has attempted to change the CRG regulations withouth informing the council or awaiting permission. You can call Lynet as witness to that.

Due to security reasons I can not reveal the name of the most important CRG spy inside the WoS, only myself and the present Count Seawarrior should be aware of this persons name. However his report on september 11th mentioned:

- Dreamaster being a Heavy Supporter of the WoS.

A report on september 18th mentioned that the CRG was infiltrated by at least 2 WoS spies, as Shewolf was also running the Counter-espionage departement, she didn't not mention one name of the WoS spying on us, also she kept it hidden that she herself a member of the WoS.

I can no longer see how she is not guilty of treason. She willingly let the WoS spies operate inside the CRG, endangering this county, and its men serving it. Neglecting her tasks given by the people of Cornwall and appointed by Count Methos. This is no common treason, this is HIGH treason to me, your honour!

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:01

Lawsuit between Urshak and Cornwall

Urshak was charged with commission of betrayal.

Statement of accusation
While this case is of a complex nature, the overriding will of the Regent takes precedence here. His will is that this case be dismissed. Thus, the Court of Cornwall bends to his will and rules as Not Guilty.

Bill of indictment
Sir Urshak you are accused of High Treason.
You took possession of a Cornish territory (the road from Barnstaple to Bridgewater) with some other Sherwood wolves and declared this road 'Barnshire territory' by establishing here a fort blocking the road.

Extract of the Law:
"TREASON : opposing official Cornwall county force anywhere or the force of our allies or,
willfully increasing the vunerabilty of a town or the county or,
trying to depose the King (RP) or,
willfully aiding others in any of the above. "

You're clearly opposing the County forces asking you to surrender. You're clearly trying to depose the King and his representants by mocking and provocating his Army. You're clearly increasing the vulnerability of the County by reducing the Cornwall domain.

Now face the Cornish Justice for your acts !

First defence pleading
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Prosecutor indictment
The current regent has declared the WoS criminals in post:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=17203&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
where he states "We Decree there shall be no quarter, no mercy, and no passage for any of the Wolves of Sherwood. All those under the banner of the Wolves of Sherwood shall be put to death. All those speaking support of thier ideals and designs shall be held to account for treason. There shalt not be any quarter given. We hence forth declare that no surender shalt be accepted from any one raising arms against Loyal forces for the duration of this action."

He also writes: "Hense forth all of the Wolves of Sherwood are branded criminal and traitor to the Kingdom by decree of the Throne of England."

Since the defendent does not dispute any of the facts or the harm he caused, and as the Regent, speaking for the King, does not recognise the county of Barnshire, and as you have been informed of the Regents decision and choose to continue your offenses anyways. It is clear that you are guilty of High Treason

Last defence pleading
Your Honour,

The defence my lawyer, DrRino, wrote should be more then clear. I also want to thank Lord Anto_Capone for his words that he has spoken to help me. Considering that all that could be said here, has been said I have only one more thing to add myself... I recommand to the Judge who is going to pass on the sentence in my case, has a meeting with HRH Prince John before doing so.

I thank you for your attention,

Sir UrShak Winston

The defence called Drrino
His statement:
Your Honour,
I wish to be brief,
The Vill of Indictment says:
"You're clearly increasing the vulnerability of the County by reducing the Cornwall domain."
I ask the court who actually reduced the Cornish Domain? As has been brought to this Courts attention before, the land was GIVEN to the WoS by Her Majasty, The Royal Regent Nordicnorn, as is Her Royal Right as Regent.
I know that after her death, the next regent proclaimed the WoS to be traitors. However, he never gave back the lands of Barnshire to Cornwall.
Infact, it was the orders of the Regent, and the council, to attack Barnshire that placed this county at greater peril. The CRG had fewer troops to defend the towns, and therefore put them at risk.
I do not ask that anyone be tried for this, as it is the enevitable reaction, and no bad come of the increased peril.

Your Honour, nobody denies the actions of the defendant. However, they were legal as per Barnshire Law. The Regent gave the lands to WoS, and to Dark_Devil. These citizens of Barnshire created a law book, and the actions in question do not fall within the laws in the County of Barnshire.

Your Hounor, it was not the defendant and his friends who were deposing of the authority of the Regent, but rather they were enforcing it, and defending the lands given to them by the Regent.
Your Honour, I ask that you hold-up the will of the Late Royal Regent, Lady Nordicnorn, and dismiss the case. She put her seal to the papers that gave the lands to The WoS, and we should respect that, regardless as to our opinions of WOS.
The matter of being a member of WoS is not for this court to deside, in this Court case.

The defence called Anto_capone
His statement:
*Anto approaches the bench, and pulls out some scribbled notes from his pocket. Clearing his throat, he proceeds with his testimony:*
I can only speak on my own accord, not that of the Regent Prince Dugustus, the CRG, or the defendant Urshak.
While Urshak did participate in a blockade of Cornish territories, I believe his defeat at our hands has opened his eyes to a willingness to reason.
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=16583&start=45
Urshak's correspondence with the Regent has truly touched upon my heart, and as I may be more forgiving than most, I appeal to this Court to give this some thought:
Urshak wrote: "I have failed to serve my King, but never have I intended to harm the people. From this day forth I will once more serve King and County.

Thee have good judgement, thee have good sense; If thee find my words to be quite empty than … If you wish me to cry, I will cry… I will do whatever you want me to… O what an unlucky fool I am then! Nothing is worth that effort as I am a respectable head of a household!"

I believe Urshak will be paying a far greater price than he or anyone anticipated for his acts. He was already wounded, and already lost a good share of his monies, I humbly request this Court to be lenient on this man so as he can once again become a prominent contributor to society.
Perhaps the good judge of this Court can order Urshak to pay his brother, the Priest of Barnstaple Dragothar, his stolen monies back as a fair restitution for Urshak's crime?

*With a deep sincerity written upon the face of Anto, he bows to the Court and takes his leave, thanking the Court for its time.*

The prosecutor called Shewolf
His statement:
Urshak is a confirmed member of the wolves of Sherwood, and as such, he willfully aided in resisting the Cornwall Redcoat Guard, and our officials. He participated in the blockade of our road, and of which this road was a vital trade route, making his blockade all the more severe. The wolves of Sherwood took our road, and claimed it, as well as one of our towns, "Barnshire". His actions willfully mocked both the cornwall army, and the cornwall council.

It is my Opinion that these actions, Severely increased the vulnerability of cornwall, and its towns. The CRG had to shift recources to this area, leaving other towns more vulnerable.

I ask that this should be considered when rendering his verdict.

Thank you your honor.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:02

Lawsuit between Segundette and Cornwall

Segundette was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of public disorder.
The accused, by admitting to this crime, is by default ruled as Guilty. However, the accused has also shown sincere remorse for his actions. It also is shown that the accused did fail in his attempt and indeed received a beating from the 'victim'. Therefore this Court shall show leniency with the sentencing.

You are ordered to one week's hard labor in the mines nearest your location. You are responsible to report to your Mayor each day to prove your efforts. In addition, you shall forfeit your first day's wages to repay the Court for time spent on this case.
The defendant has been sentenced to 15 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
you are accused of Attempted robbery.
You unlawfully attacked Ka and attempted to steal from him as evidenced by this event reported by Ka
"16-09-2006 04:09 : A bad guy named Segundette (Fight coefficient 2) tried to rob you. You just destroyed him, and he went away limping and crying, after he apologized and kissed your feet."

First defence pleading
You can see that i have been humiliated by this action.
It's yet a correct punishment.

But it's right that I tried to steal Ka.

I'm sorry.

Prosecutor indictment
No further comments, your honor. The facts are clear and even admitted too by the defendent. I commend this case to your wisdom in metting out just punishment.

Last defence pleading
Your honor,

I hope you will be indulgent.

I apologize for having tried to steal Ka.
I apologize for wasting your time.

I'm waiting serenely after the punishment.

The prosecutor called Ka
His statement:
Your Honor,

Lucky me that I was in a very good mood, healthy and strong... The court should think about all the people who had not this chance. Maybe he robbed or killed some other citizen... They might be dead and may be thus unable to state in this court...

Moreover, I now feel very depressed about this story. I was usualy traveling a lot but I know feel that the roads are unsecure and I do'nt dare travelling anymore... As a mercant, this situation make me loose money and customers.

That's why I ask for the maximum charge and some compensation for my business.

Your hornor, thanks for listening to my statement.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:03

Lawsuit between Bestiole and the town of Dartmouth

Bestiole was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
The prosecution has failed to provide evidence of proper procedure in following with the Town Regulation for which the accused stands trial for violating. Per the regulation:
"Failure to notify the Minister of Trade will result in a stern warning for the 1st offense ..."
Per the Dartmouth Town Legal Notice Center:
"All warnings or other exchanges of communication shall be posted here for reference by the indivudual who sends the message....these should preferably be from the Minister of Law...."

The prosection brings forth testimony from a citizen of the town stating that he himself gave the warning. As this did not come from a legal authority, and in accordance with the publically stated town policy, this cannot be considered an official warning.

Furthermore, I find the stipulation of said regulation to be unreasonable in it's demands. It is not reasonable to expect a person entering a town for the first time to know in advance what is stated in the Town Hall message nor are they required to read a given town's message board prior to entry. Therefore, an expectation of a 24 hour notice prior to arrival is harldy reasonable grounds for pursuing legalities. I will take this up within the Council to have support for this regulation stricken until such a time as it is properly worded for reasonable enforcement.

Case dismissed!

Bill of indictment
Bestiole, you are hereby accused to break the Dartmouth Law about Merchants:

"All merchants (except the 2 designated Dartmouth Town Merchants who are already versed in what to obtain to meet current, pending deals) must notify the Dartmouth Minister of Trade PRIOR to their arrival (at least 24 hours notice). These merchants must not purchase any goods without the permission of the Minister of Trade in conjunction with the Mayor. These merchants may only sell those goods that are not presently available on the PLAYERS MARKET or those goods agreed to in advance (hence the notification and only those goods that are below the town’s suggested minimum prices as reflected in the Mayor’s Message daily).

Failure to notify the Minister of Trade will result in a stern warning for the 1st offense, a 20 pound fine for the 2nd offense, and a 50 pound fine AND a 60 day ban from our fair town for any offenses exceeding 2. Failure to follow the purchase or sell rules will result in a 125% fine imposed on the value of the goods purchased or sold, a 150% fine imposed for the second offense, and a 300% fine AND a 120 day ban from our fair town for any offenses exceeding 2 (official county travel allowed as long as they are not buying or selling on their journey through). "

You broke the first rule which was to notify our Minister of Trade or the mayor.
Then despite a warning from our Minister of law, you sold 70 breads at 6,80, you bought all the hundred-weight of pig on our market
Here are some evidences:
"09-10-2006 11:00 : You have sold to Bestiole 7 half-hundredweights of pig for 15,10 pounds."
"09-10-2006 11:00: You have sold to Bestiole 8 half-hundredweights of pig for 15,00 pounds. "
So far, a first estimation of goods exchanged in the market is 800 pounds
According to our law, the fine requested by the prosecution is 125% of this amount : 1000 pounds

First defence pleading
Hello,

I'm very surprised about this law, I did not see anything about that anywhere and I did not receive any warning ! I'm a baker so I sell my bread ! In plymouth bread is difficult to sell.

This law is terrible, and if the fine is applyed it will simply kill me.

I hope you will understand that this law is unapplicable, charging 1000 pounds for nothing will ruin the game for me :(

Prosecutor indictment
Nobody's supposed to ignore the law. Moreover you did receive a warning from Archie and despite this warning you continued to sell and buy goods.
It's too bad that Archie didn't keep an official copy of the letter he sent to you (OOC: a screenshot). Now it's your word against his. Up to the Judge to decide.
Anyway, I agree that the indictment of 1000 pounds would be terrible for you and probably killing, however an offense had been committed and worth a punishment

Last defence pleading
Your honnor,

I was really not aware of this law.

Moreover, how could I have known of a law posted in the Town's Mayor Message until entering the town ?
Yet the law requires a 24 hour notice PRIOR to arrival but the only way to know this law is to be arrived already...

Because of this paradox, I think this law cannot be upheld.

Your honnor, I hope you will take this statement into consideration, and the fact that this fine is for me inpossible to pay.

Thanks,

The prosecutor called Thetus_maximus
His statement:
These are the events that I know of from various sources.
Jakob
09-10-2006 11:00: You have sold to Bestiole 8 half-hundredweights of pig for 15,00 pounds.

Margery
2006-10-10 19:04:38
Someone named Bestiole bought 10 hhws from me at 15,00 pounds

Thetus_maximus
Minister of Law - Dartmouth

The prosecutor called Archie
His statement:
Upon buying two loaves of bread from the accused I knew that there could be a violation of the merchant law. Upon talking to the minister of trade I found the the accused had nor povided the mandatory warning. I therefore sent a pm, which is posted in the Dartmouth legal centre.

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=20374&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

And here is the proof that I bought bread from her.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img243/4618/bestiolefc3.jpg

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:03

Lawsuit between Tattoo4 and Cornwall

Tattoo4 was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
Per the defendant's own admission, they are guilty of this crime. While ignorance of the law is no excuse, the good will expressed by the defendant is taken into consideration. Per prosecution's request, we sentence the defendant to pay to "victim", Wize, a trust point and two pounds. It is up to the town administration to follow up on this action. In addition you are assessed a 1 pound administration fee from the Court to remind you to read the laws of the County. They can be found in the Cornwall County Forum.
The defendant has been sentenced to 1 pound fine.

Bill of indictment
Tattoo4 ,
You are charged with slavery under they county law. It states:"Chapter 5 - Slavery
Whatever entity that hires below the wage of 14 pounds is guilty of slavery. This applies to players, towns, and the county.

First time offense the maximum penalty is 20 pounds and for a subsequent offences 40 pounds. There will also be an order to give a trust point to the worker."
You are said to have hired Wize for the pitiful sum of 12.00

"02/10 11:43 : Tattoo4 hires Wize for 12,00 pounds"

Please explain this action.

You are allowed to hire a lawyer. If you require help in finding one, please go to:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
I`m new at this game and dont know how everything works. Yes i hired sombody for 12 pounds.
I Did not know it was a law that said anything about this.

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
Since the defense admits to having commited this crime, this office would ask for a reduced sentance. We request that the defendant be ordered to give the victim, Wize, a trust point, and that Tattoo4 be ordered to pay the victim an additional 2 pounds (via buying and selling of goods). The wage was under the legal limit by the sum of 2 pounds.

Last defence pleading

His statement:
While reviewing the employment contracts, I observed that Tattoo4 had hired Wize for a meager 12,00 pounds. When I contacted Tattoo4 regarding this event he became combative and difficult. He showed no respect for our local laws. He claimed to know nothing about our laws. As the saying goes, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." When I tried to direct him to where our laws are located so that he might educate himself on the laws of Cornwall and Dartmouth he insisted that I should not contact him again.
Thetus_maximus

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:04

Lawsuit between JedEr and Cornwall

JedEr was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of fraud.
You have technically violated the pricing limitations aspect of the profiteering law. However, you have shown good will by removing all remaining pieces upon notification. The prosecution has asked for leniance.

I fine you the difference in value of the corn over the legal limit. In addition, you are obligated to pay 1 trust point to Thetus_maximus.

Bill of indictment
JedEr,
The town of Dartmouth has contacted me about a possible crime commited on your part. You are accused of breaking the law currently called Profiteering.
That law follows:"Chapter 4 - Profiteering

Anyone who sells bread above 8.75 or corn above 4.50 shall be guilty of profiteering. This does not include prearranged deals to give/loan a player money. The maximum punishment is £20+ any profit for a first offence, £50+ twice any profit or 2 days in gaol for a second offence and £100+ twice any profit plus 2 days in gaol for any subsequent offence. "

JedEr, you are said to have sold corn at the illegal price of 5.00 pounds, on the 4th day of October.
You are requested to respond to these charges.

You have the right to a lawyer to help you prepare a defense. If one is required, you may ask for one in the Lawyers office, or find one of you r own chosing. The Lawyers office is located:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
what happened to the free market

Prosecutor indictment
The market is regulated by the law, to prevent the explotation of the newer members of our county. The price of 5.00 for a bag of corn is exploitation. The law is designed to help protect the innocent worker if there should be a shortage of food.

Thetus_maximus was doing a service by buying the corn. He was protecting the innocent should there be a shortage of food. The price should never exceed the legal limits, so as to prevent the required purchase of the overpriced corn in the event of a serious shortage.

Your honour, since the defendant has asmuch as admitted to the actions in question, the County asks for a reduced sentance. The county would be happy with an order to repay Thetus_Maximus, in cash and with a TP.
This county will not be so forgiving next time.

Last defence pleading
But there is no event of shortage at all, how can the power of the market be ruled out for no reason? Besides, thetus only bought one bag, the rest was pulled off the market after I was informed about the law, and put back on sale for a legal price.

The defence called WindWalker
His statement:
While I realize this violate a County Law, we (Dartmouth) attempt to contact offenders ingame since usually its a mistake - our 1st posted message regarding the illegal price was made Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:07 pm - yet the charge was entered 2006-10-06 - once notified (he read his mail the next day), he immediately pulled the 3 remaining corn and sold 2 of them at the price (27-09-2006 09:20 : You have bought from Arynna 4 corn bags for 3,50 pounds) he bought from (08-10-2006 04:30 : You have sold to Margery 1 corn bag for 3,50 pounds., 08-10-2006 12:20 : You have sold to Chilamacho 1 corn bag for 3,50 pounds) - he ate the other

He obvisouly broke the law (ignorance is not a defense) - but at least he ATTEMPTED to right the wrong - and he certainly misunderstood the FREE MARKET as posted by our Mayor.

While he needs to work on his communication skills, I would ask that the Court recognize that it was an HONEST mistake and that he attempted to atone for it ONCE he was aware of the transgression - it should also be noted that he bought the corn in error and tried to sow his wheat field with it after having changed his mind on the field type when leveling up....

His statement:
On the 4th of October I observed someone selling corn above the legal limit, at the rate of 5,00 lbs per bag. I purchased the corn myself to determine who was doing this. The event is listed below.
04-10-2006 20:50 : You have bought from JedEr 1 corn bag for 5,00 pounds.
Thetus_maximus

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:05

Lawsuit between Samiek and the town of Fowey

Samiek was charged with commission of slavery.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
You are guilty of the crime of Slavery. The law is clearly stated. It is noted in the Town Hall message. You claim ignorance but make no effort to learn, even following this indictment.

Given that this is your second offense, per the law the fine is doubled. You shall pay 40 to the King. You are also obligated to give trust points to each person hired below the wage of 14 along with a message to them explaining not to take jobs under the County minimum.
The defendant has been sentenced to 40 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Samiek, you are hereby accused of having broken again the laws of Cornwall and those of Fowey.

Here is evidence :
22/09 19:23 : Samiek hires V.dracula for 12,00 pounds

26/09 18:23 : Samiek hires Palmacnee for 12,00 pounds

27/09 20:43 : Samiek hires Ellivia for 12,00 pounds

I understand you have already been convicted with the same crimes after hiring for the same wage of £12 on 03/09.
You are accused of profiteering and slavery.

I have to say that your crime is all the less acceptable as minimum wage in Fowey is very low already.
As you are a recidivist I request a very severe sentence.

First defence pleading
i am sorry
it was a mistake
sorry

Prosecutor indictment
The defendant does not even make an effort at being credible. He uses the very same eight words as on his previous trial. He should be punished very severely this time because he did repeatedly hire Foweyans for £12 and £13 wages (see the evidence), with visible contempt for the law and the court altogether. It took him three weeks to come at his trial, which shows how he despises the court.

Now we know that he is NOT sorry, that he will do it again as soon as possible, and that the laws and the court are unimportant to him.
Punishment should set an example.
We have a multirecidivist here, and a hypocrite too.

Last defence pleading
sorry but i didn't know the law...
And i never receive a letter to say me to stop that...
what can i do???
i am a poor person in this village...

The prosecutor called Doucedenuit
His statement:
Your honor,

I come here to testify at the request of our Mayor, Prospero.
Samiek engaged on several occasions with wages of slave system.

And I make a point of bringing to your attention that it makes fun of justice and you, your honor. I

t still engages with illegal prices :
05/10 07:43 : Samiek hires DiannaTheDaring for 13,00 écus
06/10 08:43 : Samiek hires IceAng3l for 13,00 écus.

Admittedly, it is not 12, but still illegal.

I hope that you will punish this recidivist as it should be. It is a shame!

DouceDeNuit makes reverence and eclipse discreetly.

The prosecutor called Prospero
His statement:
Samiek you are a multirecidivist even though you are currently on trial.

16/10 15:23 : Samiek hires Valascular for 13,00 pounds

That should add to the punishment.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]

Last edited by on Sun 12 Nov - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty

Lawsuit between Chaprouge and Cornwall

Chaprouge was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
Given that you make no defense, you are found guilty of the charges of robbery. Furthermore, your blatant disrespect for the laws of the land, and MY court, further exasparated by the treasonous act of speaking French in THIS court, give me reason to assess the heaviest of penalties.

You are sentenced to 10 days in prison and 100 pounds to be paid to the King For the crime of Robbery. As I am confident that you would not follow through with any such repayment to the victim, I assess you an additional 100 pounds.

For the blatant contempt of Court I assess you a further 50 pounds.
The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 10 days.

Bill of indictment
Chaprouge ,
You are accused of robbing Danielladear.
You have been seen and arrested as per the Law. (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?p=298742#298742)

You are entitled to a fair trial. If for any reason you cannot meet the posted deadlines, please contact myself AND the judge for a delay.
If you so desire, you may request a lawyer at the following office (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859).
You may also consider contacting the Law Society of England, or its leader Teagan, to be ask about lawyers.

May this trial be just.

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
Chaprouge is still a member of the County Cornwall. He is a lvl2 smith, with a field. There is no valid reason for such a member of our County to rob another.However, Chaprouge did. He has been legally arrested, and the victim has identified him, and offered proof.
Your honour, since the defendant insults this court by not attending the trial, we request that the defendant be charged under Chapter 8 - Obstruction of Justice-section 2 for contempt of court.
Your honour, we ask that the defendant be ordered to pay the victim a TP, a sum of money, and a fine to HRH the king for his crimes. Neither robbery nor contempt of court may be seen as acceptable in this county.

Last defence pleading
Tout est faux

The prosecutor called Danielladear
His statement:
On September 15th I was robbed by Chaprouge. I sent the Prosecutor the evidence, but here is another copy as well.

https://2img.net/h/i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/danielladear/Evidence-1.jpg

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty

Lawsuit between Mr.Pulverizer and Cornwall

Mr.Pulverizer was charged with commission of betrayal.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of betrayal.
This is a rather difficult case based on the extraneous issues involved. The case has been in limbo far too long to be considered fair. The input from the Regent is not clear in this matter, in terms of asking for no pardon but then seemingly in contradiction asking for leniency for other members involved.

For the above reasons, I rule that time already 'served' in terms of having the case hanging over your head so long is sufficient punishment.

However, you have shown disrespect for THIS Court by failing to lodge a defense in both of your opportunities. Because of this fact, I fine you 25 pounds.
The defendant has been sentenced to 25 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
In that Holy day of 17th August 1454; Sir Mr.Pulverizer you are accused of High Treason.
You and your complice Dark Devil took possession of a Cornish territory (the road from Barnstaple to Bridgewater) and declared this road 'Barnshire territory' by establishing here a fort blocking the road.

Extract of the Law:
"TREASON : opposing official Cornwall county force anywhere or the force of our allies or,
willfully increasing the vunerabilty of a town or the county or,
trying to depose the King (RP) or,
willfully aiding others in any of the above. "

You're clearly opposing the County forces asking you to surrender. You're clearly trying to depose the King and his representants by mocking and provocating his Army. You're clearly increasing the vulnerability of the County by reducing the Cornwall domain.

Now face the Cornish Justice for your acts !

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment

Last defence pleading

The prosecutor called Shewolf
His statement:
Mr. Pulverizer is a confirmed member of the wolves of Sherwood, and as such, he willfully aided in resisting the Cornwall Redcoat Guard, and our officials. He participated in the blockade of our road, and of which this road was a vital trade route, making his blockade all the more severe. The wolves of Sherwood took our road, and claimed it, as well as one of our towns, "Barnshire". His actions willfully mocked both the cornwall army, and the cornwall council.

It is my Opinion that these actions, Severely increased the vulnerability of cornwall, and its towns. The CRG had to shift recources to this area, leaving other towns more vulnerable.

I ask that this should be considered when rendering his verdict.

Thank you your honor.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:06

Lawsuit between Seawarrior and Cornwall

Seawarrior was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
This is a case of many variables, but the breach of procedures is the clearest portion. Despite unrecorded precedents and transitionary ambiguity, Cornwall has legal methods outlined and they were not followed. For that, the defendant must be found guilty.

In reviewing the circumstances, the intent, and the recommendation from the Regent, this Court is allowed significant leeway in terms of punishment. We therefore levy a fine of 1 pound against the defendant as well as a 4 pound assessment fee for court costs.
The defendant has been sentenced to 5 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
As per the request of the Regent, we bring the Count Seawarrior to trial.

Nearing a month ago, there was a revolt in Plymouth. The Council had voted to legalise the revolt. However, there were both legal and ethical problems with the vote. There was no debate about it, and it was not open to all members of the council.
The Count should not have allowed such a vote to be seen as legal. However, he did, and therefore the revolt continued, and suceeded.
After the revolt, there was a major uproar in Cornwall, and general disorder.
For his rolein the vote and the incorrect interpretation and recognistion of the vote, we charge Seawarrior with Public Disorder, as the the Regent suggests.
THe regent's report said:
"Results of the Investigation, post as you deem appropriate.

Royal Investigation of Events in Plymouth Revolt and Legalities

Conclusion:
The revolt in Plymouth was a breach of procedure, however treason was neither implied or the intent.

Facts:
Methos, on orders from Seawarrior and in collaboration, held a meeting on MSN to determine who would become the next mayor. The parties notified include:
Seawarrior
Spellfire
Tarenger
Shewolf
Drrino
LeonardWashington
Frirac

Methos (Non-council at the time)

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=19576&start=0

While they all believed in the legality of the revolt, it contradicts previous precedent, and written laws within Cornwall Council.

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12806

Final Recommendation:
While many have already apologized for this incident, it does not erase what has happened. Therefore, this investigation concludes that Count Seawarrior and Council member Methos be charged for the crime of Public Disorder with a recommendation of a fine of no more than 25 pounds.
The restlessness among the populous of Cornwall is a direct result of the recklessness of these two individuals, whether intent was good or not, procedures were purposefully ignored."

We ask that the court punish the defendant with the lightest possible sentance.

The defendant is entitled to legal represenation. If the defendant requires aide in finding a lawyer, than contact the lawyer's office (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859 )

First defence pleading
Your Honor,
I am guilty as charged. There was no malice nor any self serving actions. But the perception of impropiety was harmful to the county and I wish my actions had not led to it. I should have had the foresight to predict such feedback and tried harder to prevent it.

What was done, was done because I thought it was in the best interests of Plymouth. Those in Plymouth clearly thought so too - as they chose the same person to lead them by greater than 70%.

While I am more than willing to accept any punishment the courts deem fair, I do ask that the charges against Methos be dropped. As Count, I alone should be held responsible for the actions that took place. Had I asked Methos to not revolt, he would not have. The Accountability is mine alone.

Some further thoughts,
1. In holding the revolt in Plymouth, I followed the precident set by Anto Capone when he arranged a change of power as he left for France. At that time he turned over Barnstaple's Mayorship to Cassandra by revolt without any lawsuit or county discussion. I thought precident had shown this to be the method used to ensure a Town did not go Mayor-less.

2. Methos was Count when this happened. Our law is clear that the Count does have the authority to sanction a revolt. I am told now that despite being the Count, a tradition exists that implies during the transition between Counts, the Count no longer has this authority. This is neither written, nor was it ever discussed anywhere. There was no way for me to know about this tradition.

In summary, I acted in a way that I thought was best for Plymouth, using a method that had been used before by Anto Capone in Barnstaple, and that I thought was legal. I accept the fact that it gave off a perception of Corruption as a couple of individuals have stated. For that, I have made clear I am very sorry.

Thank you
Seawarrior
Count Of Cornwall

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
The good intentions of the defendants are not in question. However, the legality of the actions is important, especially considering the positions that the defendants hold.

Your Honour, the defenadants and this office agree on the events in question. Also, we now all recognise that they were against the law, even though that was never the intention.

The independant review suggested a fine not exceeding 25 pounds. This office will follow the will of the review, and ask for a fine in the amount of 25 pounds.

Last defence pleading
Nothing further to add. I submit to the wisdom of the courts.

The prosecutor called Lynet
His statement:
On Sept 20th Methos posted in the council Forum that there had been a revolt in Plymouth to swap him in as mayor to replace Spellfire. He later posted that “Tony is accusing me of an illegal revolt. It was, in actuality, quite legal. I made sure to obtain more than half of the Council's permission.” He then listed the council members who had given permission, which the council members confirmed. Seawarrior posted “It is true it was a legal and sanctioned revolt.”

The rules about Council votes are posted in the Council Forum as well as in Cornwall Inn. Those rules require a “discussion thread” and a “voting thread”, though for simple matters the two threads are sometimes combined.

On Sept 22, Seawarrior, who was now Count, appointed Drrino and I to “conduct a internal investigation into the rights and wrongs of this.”

When Drrino and I issued the results of our investigation we presented it to the Regent asking for his guidance in how to proceed.
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?p=309548#309548

The Regent appointed the Earl of Somerset to investigate further. The results of his investigation are presented in the Bill of indictment for this trial.

I would like to state again that I do not believe that Methos or Seawarrior ever intended to do anything illegal or wrong.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty

Lawsuit between Wulfric and Cornwall

Wulfric was charged with commission of witchcraft.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of witchcraft.
It is with a heavy heart that I pronounce the most absolute of guilt upon the defendant. Through his own words he has admitted to the heinous acts of witchery. This supercedes all other charges, where there is clear guilt stemming from the defendant's blatant disrespect for this Court, County, and his fellow man.

I order this person Eradicated from the face of the Earth. He shalt be hung, drawn and quartered, the remains burned and tossed to sea. My we never be plagued by this evil soul again!
The defendant has been sentenced to eradication.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
The defendant has been tried with several crimes in County Wiltshire. While those cases have not yet finished, the defendant has entered our county. I have recieved information from the Wiltshire Court that the defendant may be using witchcraft, and was offered the following as evidence:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=22686
(OOC: I don't know if people have access to this section of the forum. If you do not have access, I can arrange for this to be moved into a public viewing location for the trial. Please contact DRRINO if that is the cast)

Your honour, the King and his laws are very clear in cases of witchery. "Chapter 2 - Witchery
Edicted in holy year MCDLXIII by his majesty, the King of England , who holds them from the Lord.

Whosoever shall dare to create several accounts and take a financial advantage of that, shall respond for the offense of witchery in front of the Holy Inquisition Tribunal. If found guilty, his/her clones are to be burned alive in a public place. The accused will pay a very heavy fine, and will be pilloried for up to several days. In case of repetition of the offense, or well-known abuse, the accused will be hanged by the neck until dead. "

Your honour, in the pre-intriduced document, the defendant states that he has stolen goods and implies that he still has access to them. This would be a financial advantage. Also, the defendant abused his position of Mayor in Wiltshire to unlawfully obtain goods from the Town Hall.
Your Honour, this is a very serious matter, and a firm message needs to be sent to all those using the dark arts in England.

First defence pleading
Prove it. Until you do, FUCK YOU CUNTS

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
We request the additional charge of contempt of court be considered, for the language used by the defendant.

As for the witchery trial, I request leave to quote the defendant:
"Wulfric ends today, you lose, I win. I'll see you with my new character (who's been growing in silence for months). Good luck getting back half of the town hall goods, which I got packed away on a mule. Sucks to be you."
[OOC:This is quoted from the link in the Dill of Indictement]

The defendant clearly states that his spirit will take over a new "Character", and this is what the law, and the Church, prohibit.
Also, when questioned about his crimes, he never denies that he will use the Dark Arts to overpower another's soul.

Your Honour, the defendant has admitted to the crime publically. Further, it appears that the defendant used this crime to further another crime, which is being heard by County Wiltshire. Finally, the defendant shows a clear lack of respect for this court. I ask for the stongest possible punishment.

Last defence pleading
So people can't start again with a new character when their first is killed? Fucking idiots.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty

Lawsuit between Methos and Cornwall

Methos was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
Following up on the linked case with Count Seawarrior, the verdict finds the Count of guilt in this matter. Through that act, he has taken all responsibility for the subsequent actions, meaning the Methos was acting under direct orders of the Count.

As such, he is deemed not guilty.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
As per the results of the Regents inquiries into the events of a month ago, we Charge Methos with Public Disorder.
The regent reported:"Results of the Investigation, post as you deem appropriate.

Royal Investigation of Events in Plymouth Revolt and Legalities

Conclusion:
The revolt in Plymouth was a breach of procedure, however treason was neither implied or the intent.

Facts:
Methos, on orders from Seawarrior and in collaboration, held a meeting on MSN to determine who would become the next mayor. The parties notified include:
Seawarrior
Spellfire
Tarenger
Shewolf
Drrino
LeonardWashington
Frirac

Methos (Non-council at the time)

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=19576&start=0

While they all believed in the legality of the revolt, it contradicts previous precedent, and written laws within Cornwall Council.

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12806

Final Recommendation:
While many have already apologized for this incident, it does not erase what has happened. Therefore, this investigation concludes that Count Seawarrior and Council member Methos be charged for the crime of Public Disorder with a recommendation of a fine of no more than 25 pounds.
The restlessness among the populous of Cornwall is a direct result of the recklessness of these two individuals, whether intent was good or not, procedures were purposefully ignored."

Since Methos did illegally revolt, and this revolt caused disorder in this county, we are required to try Methos in this matter.
We request that this court find him guilty, but request a light sentance, as no malice was intended.

The defendant is allow a lawyer. If needed, please contact the Lawyer's office, at :http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
Your honor,

I throw myself on the mercy of the court. I think we are all well-versed in the facts of this case, but I will recount them for the record.

As everyone seems to agree, I did not intend to do anything wrong. When Spellfire became Trade Minister, a new Mayor of Plymouth was needed. When the appearance of wrongdoing was explained to me, I resigned, and an election was held. I received 71% of that vote.

I have apologized for the appearance of impropriety, and I do so again. I have declined a lawyer because I would like to abide by the Regent's decision. Honestly, I was only trying to look out for my town's best interests.

Thank you for listening.

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
The good intentions of the defendants are not in question. However, the legality of the actions is important, especially considering the positions that the defendants hold.

Your Honour, the defenadants and this office agree on the events in question. Also, we now all recognise that they were against the law, even though that was never the intention.

The independant review suggested a fine not exceeding 25 pounds. This office will follow the will of the review, and ask for a fine in the amount of 25 pounds.

Last defence pleading
Your honor,

There is nothing more to say. It is agreed that Council (of which I was not a member) violated voting procedures, and that created an appearance of impropriety. I am very sorry. It has been a month and a half, I would like to see this behind us all.

I will abide by the court's decision. Thank you for your time.

Methos

The prosecutor called Lynet
His statement:
On Sept 20th Methos posted in the council Forum that there had been a revolt in Plymouth to swap him in as mayor to replace Spellfire. He later posted that “Tony is accusing me of an illegal revolt. It was, in actuality, quite legal. I made sure to obtain more than half of the Council's permission.” He then listed the council members who had given permission, which the council members confirmed. Seawarrior posted “It is true it was a legal and sanctioned revolt.”

The rules about Council votes are posted in the Council Forum as well as in Cornwall Inn. Those rules require a “discussion thread” and a “voting thread”, though for simple matters the two threads are sometimes combined.

On Sept 22, Seawarrior, who was now Count, appointed Drrino and I to “conduct a internal investigation into the rights and wrongs of this.”

When Drrino and I issued the results of our investigation we presented it to the Regent asking for his guidance in how to proceed.
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?p=309548#309548

The Regent appointed the Earl of Somerset to investigate further. The results of his investigation are presented in the Bill of indictment for this trial.

I would like to state again that I do not believe that Methos or Seawarrior ever intended to do anything illegal or wrong.

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
Methos
Archivist

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptySun 12 Nov - 16:07

Lawsuit between N003 and Cornwall

N003 was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
The defendant in this case has admitted to guilt, but with a very reasonable explanation for the act. Furthermore, it is unclear if there were timely and broadly communications concerning the changing of the wage limits at the time the hiring took place.

We shall grant prosecution their request and sentence the defendant to repay the hired 'victim' both a point of trust and 2 additional pounds. Furthermore, the court assesses a 1 pound fee for hearing the case.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
By request of the Law minister of Dartmouth, the County brings this case to the court, under the County Slavery Laws. The defendant is accused of hiring for 12.00 pounds.
"17/10 03:23 : N003 hires Mike7 for 12,00 pounds "

We request an explaination of these actions.

THe defendant is entitled to legal representation if they so desire. Please see the lawyers office if you need a lawyer (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859 )

First defence pleading
first of all sorry my english i am still learning it.

i must make an apologise about the case, at the time when i make the hire i dont know that the minimal wages is changed to 14 pounds becouse this law is come out after the hire! I am so sorry but i feel i am not guilty in this case and i gladly pay 2 more pounds to mike7 if it is necesery

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
First, please allow me to tell the defendant that his english is very good!
As for the case, in light of the fact that the defendant has admitted guilt, and that the defendant has offered to pay the victim a fair wage, we the County request that the defendant be ordered to make amends with the victim, and be ordered to pay the victim a TP.
We also request a 1 pound fine as punishment.

We thank the Defendant for his honesty, and we do not seek to enforce the strongest possible punishment.

Last defence pleading
Thank you Sir!
One more thing: how can i send to mike7 the remaining 2 pounds and 1 pound fine, becouse i didint finde an option like this! If u so kinde to explain i will pay the money as you requested.

The defence called Mike7

His statement:
When I first noticed that N003 had posted a job for 12,00 I attempted to contact him via mail in the hopes that he would be able to change the amount before someone took the job. Unfortunately he didn't get a chance to change the posted job in time. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time N003 has ever tried to hire someone to work for him.
I do have a screen shot if it should be necessary.
Thetus_maximus

Close the window

[Mesurez votre audience]
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:34

Lawsuit between Daniela and the town of Fowey

Daniela was charged with commission of slavery.

Statement of accusation:

The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
As this is your first offense, Daniela, and so many people vouch for you, I am willing to allow you to have a mere symbolic fine this time. But it comes with strings.

You must give the victim of your slavery 2 pounds and 1 trust point. If you do not do this, you will be in contempt of this court.

You are fined a symbolic 2 pounds to the court (plus that you are giving teh victim). Do not do this again, as you will not be treated so lightly.
The defendant has been sentenced to 2 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment

Daniela you are hereby accused of slavery, for having hired Lillithraven for 12,00 pounds, which is way below the £14 minimum wage as stipulated in the Cornish laws:

'Chapter 5 - Slavery
Whatever entity that hires below the wage of 14 pounds is guilty of slavery. This applies to players, towns, and the county.

First time offense the maximum penalty is 20 pounds and for a subsequent offences 40 pounds. There will also be an order to give a trust point to the worker.'

Here is the evidence:
'24/10 18:03 : Daniela hires Lillithraven for 12,00 pounds'

So now please explain why you did that ! I have also seen that on that very day you had obtained a well paid job...

First defence pleading
I am truly sorry to this court, the Twon of Cornwall, and especially Lillithraven. I admit to committing this crime,and pay too little for the distinguished services of Lillithraven.I apologize, as I did not know of such a law, because I am a newcomer to this city and this game, and therefore the laws of Fowey are entirely new to me. If I had received the warning jsut a bit earlier, then I would have retracted it before it was too late. As it turns out, it becomes too alte before I receive the warning. I am deeply sorry to have overlooked this, and it will never happen again.

Prosecutor indictment
Daniela the town thinks you are only partly sincere when you plead your ignorance of the laws. As mentioned above, you had been hired on that very morning for £20.
Being sorry is a good thing indeed, but it is not enough since you made profit out of the work of Lilithraven.
Additionnally you took the time of at least three persons who may have spent it doing more interesting things, namely Mr Judge, Mok, and myself as mayor of Fowey (and one justice point)All this should be punished through a fine.

Last defence pleading
I know that I cannot convince the court of my sincerity simply through typing it out, but I would like to try and prove my integrity this way, the only way I have. I am truly sorry about my crime of ignorance. If I could go back and switch with Lillithraven, I would, but there is not a way for me to do this. Instead, I must pay a price, which I am willing to do. My plea contains only the wish that this court be lenient, as it was, though a crime, it was a crime of ignorance. To further prove my character, I call Flaming_dog to testify.

The defence called Mok
His statement:
Your honour, I am not here to contest the facts of the case; it is clear that Lillithraven has indeed been hired below county minimum wage. I am here to help provide some context under which the mistake was made. Daniela is young keen and poor. Has just started her corn farm and is learning the ropes. I can personally vouch that no harm or malice was intended. She is just trying to scrape out a living.

Additionally, I must take some of the responsibility myself. As new town mentor, I failed to remind Daniela of the importance of providing a fare wage once a field has been acquired.

I ask for the courts leniency in this case.

The defence called Flaming_dog

His statement:
Your honor, I have known Daniela for not long, but long enough to know that she is heart warming, caring, and just a wonderfully nice person. She is new and has had her field for a few weeks at most. Everyone makes mistakes, and this was no crash your car and kill 20 people. This was just hiring 2 pounds under the minimum wage. if you look at her forum posts, you will see her last post was in early September and she isnt on the forums very often, which not all of us are. But you cant blame her for not knowing, she didnt recieve any sort of mail telling her the min. wage, or anything like that. I know she must be punished but it wasnt her fault. She didnt know, and there is no way she did that on purpose, if she did it on purpose, she gets 2 pounds, but she also gets harrased by the law, fined and she ends up with less than she had in the first place. Not only is she sweet, but shes smart too, she could have figured out what she would lose if she had known about this law.

I know you must charge her with something, but I dont believe it should amount to anything close to 20 pounds. As I said shes a wonderful person, and I assure you she meens that apology from the bottom of her heart.

I ask that you give her a minimal fine and possibly a TP to Lillithraven
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:36

Lawsuit between Guristas and Cornwall

Guristas was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been contacted by the court and had ample time to make amends. He has not. Guristas, you are guilty of Robbery, you are sentenced to 1 day in jail, as well as a 400 pound fine. Crime does not pay in Cornwall.
The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 1 day.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
It saddends me to bring another Robbery case to this court. However, earlier this month, there was a robbery between Launceston and Plymouth. Yesterday the criminal was seen, and arrested, in Launceston.
The victim, meldon, lost over 300 pounds worth of goods in the crime. Here is the original report of the crime:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=14338&start=125

The defendant is entitled to a fair trial. If for any reason you cannot meet the posted deadlines, please contact myself AND the judge for a delay.
If you so desire, you may request a lawyer at the following office (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859).
You may also consider contacting the Law Society of England, or its leader Teagan, to be ask about lawyers

First defence pleading
Your Honour,
I am in shock by this accusations. I admit that I have invented a farytale about myself being a dangerous criminal on forums but I didn't do any actual crime. But evidences presented so far look pretty hard on me. I suspect they are manufactored or it is some kind of witchery.

I here by present my evidence of inosence: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img301/1491/evidencenj2.jpg

As You can see it is obwious that I have worked in mines the day I sopousably robbed the victim named by prosecutor as Meldon who also say I am the one that robbed him. Furthermore You can see I reached level 1 five days after the crime I'm accused took place. As You know one cant travel before reaching level 1 so it is clear that I could not been "between Launceston and Plymouth" at the time Meldon get robbed.

I plee not guilty and don't understand how my name appears on prosecution evidence. And also it is not true that I have been ever arrested in Launceston since I was on trade run in Barnstaple when I am accused and I'll manage to get back to Launceston in thursday this week.

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,

The CRG keeps a list all off persons in everytown, daily. I have requested, and be granted, access to these lists. Guristas is shown to be in Launceston for a few days, then he disappears. He is not listed in ANY town. He then appeared in Launceston the day of his arrest.
This office checked the lists for all towns. the defendant never showed up in Barnstaple, according to the lists provided. Nor did he stop in the towns along the way.
The defendant was arrested upon his return to Launceston by the count of this county, Seawarrior.

Your Honour, we request that you order the defendant to pay the victim back for the goods that have been stolen.

Last defence pleading
Your Honour, as first I must say I am shocked that eaven a possibility exists that CRG is doing such intrusions to personal privacy of citizens. Since we know from other trials that there is spy of Wolves inside of CRG that would be direct endangering of Cornwal citizens which is ilegal. However prosecutor did not provide any evidence that those lists exists or that I was or wasnt where I say I was. Instead calling a witness from CRG to testify or geting those lists to be seen on court, prosecutor is telling us stories.

Also the law of Cornwall defines how the case of robbery must be reported. Law say: "When a robbery is committed, the victim sends his complaint with screenshot, estimation of the amount stolen, etc... to his mayor or the prosecutor, but he must not tell the name of the robber in the forum !". We can see from original report of the crime that I was directly named on the forum. Furthermore law require investigation and prosecution under certain rules that was ignored in this procedure completly.

Acording to all this it becomes irelevant was I or somebody else commited the crime from indictment. Law requires "a fair trial" which is inpossible without lawfull investigation and without following proper procedures defined by the law. As final evidence I supply the Law of Cornwall and request this trial to be canceled, prosecutor taken responsible for not doing his job as the law requires from him and I demand formal appologie from Meldon for naming me as robber publicly on forums.

Law of Cornwall:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=9466

The prosecutor called Meldon
His statement:
Your Honour,

I am here to testify against Guristas.

I was travelling over the lands of England trading. With me was merchandize worth no less than 340pounds. In the afternoon of 3rd October I met this robber on the way from Plymouth to Launceston. All my goods were lost.
I don't remember seeing anyone else on the rode.

Here is my court evidence.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/alexleunghungkit/Robbed.jpg
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:38

Lawsuit between Paulinhus and the town of Fowey(?)

Paulinhus was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
You are found guilty. You sold one loaf 1.5 pound over the legal limit. This is your first offense, so 20 pounds is added to that. You have committed contempt of court twice (once in not testifying, another in selling more bread at this price, which I consider to be mocking these charges). I fine you 15 pounds each for those.

However, you are level 0, so the court takes pity on yo, and only fines you half that amount (rounded to 30). You will not be treated so lightly in the future!
The defendant has been sentenced to 30 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Paulinhus, you are hereby accused of fraud and profiteering for having sold at least one bread loaf (possibly more)at the price of 10.25, which is way above the maximum legal price od 8.75. The laws of Cornwall say that 'Anyone who sells bread above 8.75 or corn above 4.50 shall be guilty of profiteering.'
You shall then have to face your acts. I have to say that I think they are all the less acceptable as they are made to deceive unexperienced Fowey citizens.

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment
3 of your overpriced bread loaves are still for sale on the players' market, which shows how you despise the court. We shall not accept Foweyans deceiving their fellow citizens. This should be punished, but as it's the first offense the fine should be a warning. May this be useful !

Last defence pleading

The prosecutor called Trishia
His statement:
Since a long time the Fowey player market holds several units of overpriced bread. There are 3 loafs of bread at this price still on the market.
This citizen is known to be active in the community, even tough the prizes of other products are much lower he hasn't taken his products from the market and sold them cheaper.
These products are making our market look bad and they have been there for a long time.
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:38

Lawsuit between Nitrowizard7 and the town of Fowey

Nitrowizard7 was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
This case is open and shut. You are fined 20£+5£ (amount you profited) for the bread. You are fined 20 pounds for contempt of court (not appearing).

Case Closed.
The defendant has been sentenced to 45 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Nitrowizard7 you are hereby accused of fraud : you have sold at least one bread loaf (possibly more) at the price of 12,95, whereas the laws of Cornwall say that 'Anyone who sells bread above 8.75 or corn above 4.50 shall be guilty of profiteering.'
You shall then have to face your acts. I have to say that I think they are all the less acceptable as they are made to deceive unexperienced Fowey citizens.

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment
Burn ! burn ! burn !

Last defence pleading

His statement:
The Fowey market holds still 4 breads at this price, the citizen in question hasn't been seen outside the monastry since the day our Good Lord created him.
There is no possibility that he will leave know, because he seems to be shunning the light our Good Lord gives to all the good people of his Realm.
Someone who avoids medling with other people can only be a vile criminal, the evidence that is seen on our market shows this!
Your Highness i know only one punishment for such people, release them of there missery!

His statement:
Your Honour,

It is impossible to plead in favour of this person. The person hasn't been seen for weeks and the only action the person ever did was a crime.
We do not need this kind of citizens in the fair city of Fowey.
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:40

Lawsuit between Aloloy and Cornwall

Aloloy was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
The defendant is guilty, but no longer exists. May God have mercy on his soul.

Bill of indictment
Aloloy,
You are charged under the county slavery law. It is as follows:
"Chapter 5 - Slavery

First time offense the maximum penalty is 20 pounds and for a subsequent offences 40 pounds. There will also be an order to give a trust point to the worker."

You are said to have hired NemesisGenX at the sad wage of 12.00.
"04/10 05:23 : Aloloy hires NemesisGenX for 12,00 pounds"

Please explain this.
You are allowed to hire a lawyer to help defend you. If you need help finding one, please go to :http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
The defendant has died, and cannot respond to the charges.
In light of this, we request that the defendant be found guilty as charged, and that a minimal fine be levied against the next of kin.
The the dead rest, but let us call criminals for what they are.

Last defence pleading

His statement:
During the review of local contracts I noted that Aloloy had hired NemesisGenX for only 12 pounds.
Thetus_maximus
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:40

Zxcvbn was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
The laws in Cornwall are there to protect the poor from teh greedy. There is plenty of room to make money and survive within them. All counties in England have similar laws on corn and bread.

There is no way to know how much money you made swindling the residents of your town. The maximum I could fine you for the evidence presented is 72.7 pounds (20.7 for the first offense, 52 for the second). Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

However, I have decided to be lenient. Partly because it was requested by the prosecution, and also because the maximum amount would be prohibitive at your level. I am hoping that the 20£ I am fining you will be enough to deter you from doing this again. This court would not be so light in the future.

Case dismissed.

The defendant has been sentenced to 20 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
The defendant has sold several bags of Corn at illegal prices. The Law minister of Dartmouth has offered the following as evidence:"17-10-2006 20:40 : You have bought from Zxcvbn 1 corn bag for 5,20 pounds.
17-10-2006 20:40 : You have bought from Zxcvbn 1 corn bag for 5,50 pounds.
17-10-2006 20:40 : You have bought from Zxcvbn 1 corn bag for 5,30 pounds."

The County requests that the court determine the reason for the corn prices, and repayment to the Law Minister and any other victims.

The defendant is enltitled to legal representaion. If the defendant needs help finding some, please contact the Lawyers office, at:"http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859 "

First defence pleading
I'm a lvl1 corn maker and still new to the game.

After have sold my 1st batch of corn bags at 4,50 pounds, I've continued to grow corn and sell them at slightly higher prices as I need to gather enough to eat and survive.

I believe the batch of goods sold should be my 3rd batch, which is just a bit more than 5,00 pounds per bag.

I was unaware of the law that corn has to be sold within a certain selling price. There is no warning or whatsoever that all new players know what prices is the limit at Cornwall.

Thus, my intent of increasing prices is only just part of the free market strategy. I have no wish to harm nor hurt anybody in anyway.

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
Since the defendant has admitted guilt, we request that the punishement be less than the maximum.

We request that the defendant be ordered to read all the laws for this county, and that the defendant be ordered to give Thetus_Maximus, and any other victims, a TP.
Also, we ask for a small fine, so the defendant does not profit from the crime.

Last defence pleading
The Laws are very strict in Cornwell, making corn makers like me very hard to survive.

His statement:
At the time of these events the only corn that we had on the market was that which was being sold over the legal limit. People needing to eat and to feed their pigs had no choice but to buy the expensive corn. This is why we have a law regarding pricing for basic foods like corn and bread. From the math I've done corn growing can be a profitable way to augment your income but I don't think you can make a living on just that alone.
Since the corn was being sold at different prices I had no choice but purchase from different batches to see who the sellers were. I was suprised to realize that it was all being sold by the same person.
Screenshot available upon request.
Thetus_maximus

The prosecutor called Dame_Vaness
His statement:
I hereby concur to our MInister of law testimony.
I also bought one corn bag to know who dares to sell it at a criminal price on 18st september...
Now I don't remember exactly if I warned him or not, that's a bit vague in my memory, but I use to warn people that they are breaking the law.
One week later, I bought another corn bag above 4,90 pounds...

This kind of mistake can be understood from a vagrant, but zxcvbn should be now a wise farmer (he's nearly 2 month old) and be aware that we have laws in our country.
Nobody's supposed to ignore the laws.
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:41

Lawsuit between DalaiLama and Cornwall

DalaiLama was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
As this is the defendant's first offense and he seems recalcitrant, I am fining you only the difference, 2 pounds. However, you are further ordered to pay the person you hired 2 additional pounds and 1 trust point. If you do not do this, you will be in contempt of this court.

Court is dismissed.
The defendant has been sentenced to 2 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Your Honour,
The County brings charges of Slavery against the defendant DalaiLama.
The defendant was seen paying a worker the pitiful wage of 12.00 pounds.
"15/10 19:03 : DalaiLama hires Mike7 for 12,00 pounds"

We request an explaination of these actions.

THe defendant is entitled to legal representation if they so desire. Please see the lawyers office if you need a lawyer (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859 )

First defence pleading
Sorry! I am new in this game and I am not very good in English. When I hired Mike7 I had no money for giving more. By the way: I got a letter from: Thetus_maximus https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img205/6871/image4bx1.jpg

but I read the letter after Mike7 took the job

Thanks for listening

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
Please allow me to congratulate the defendant on his English, which is quite good.
As for this case, since the defendant has admitted guilt, we request that a small fine be levied, and that the defendant be ordered to pay a TP to the victim.
We would also like the victim to recieve 2 pounds in compensation.

We thank the defendant for his honesty, and therefore do not wish to enforce the harshest possible punishment.

Last defence pleading
Thank you for this low Penalty

His statement:
DalaiLama is correct; I did try to contact him when I realized he had posted a job for less than 14,00 pounds. It's regretable that he didn't get the message in time. I believe that this is a first time offense.
Screenshot of the offense is available upon necessity.
Thetus_maximus
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:41

iffanydora was charged with commission of fraud.

Statement of accusation
Defendant no longer exists. This court will not punish her more than the lord already has.

Bill of indictment
Tiffanydora,
You are accused of Profiteering. Specifically, you are accused of selling bread above the legal limit.
I quote from the request for trial submitted by Dartmouth: 29-09-2006 15:50 : You have bought from Tiffanydora 1 bread loaf for 12,95 pounds.

The legal limit on bread prices is 8.75

To the stand, I wish to call the head of Law for Dartmouth, Thetus_maximus.

Your honour, if found guilty, we request that the defendant offer all victims a TP, and offer them the 3.50 pounds that were illegally aquired. Further, we would request a small fine, as punishment for the deed.

First defence pleading

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honour,
the defendant did not present to court. Under normal circumstances, we would request the harshest possible punishment, plus a fine for the contempt of court.
However, this member of our County has passed on, and left no living family. Therefore, we ask that the court find the defendant guilty, but not impose an impossible sentance on the dead.
Let the dead sleep, but lets call criminals for what they are.

Last defence pleading

His statement:
On September 30th I received word from one of our good townsfolk, CeeJayBee, of the events recorded above, the selling of bread above the legal limit. I then contacted the county prosecutor.
Thetus_maximus
Back to top Go down
BlacX
Student

Cornwall Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Trials   Cornwall Trials EmptyTue 21 Nov - 8:42

Lawsuit between Anger and Cornwall

Anger was charged with commission of public disorder.

Statement of accusation
The court finds you guilty of robbing Danielladear. You are sentenced 200 pounds fine. This is the second time you have been in this courtroom for this crime, do not make a third, or the punishment will not be so light.
The defendant has been sentenced to 200 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Anger,
You have been charged with the robbery of Danielladear. You have also been arrested, as per the law (http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=14338&start=108)

You are entitled to a fair trial. If for any reason you cannot meet the posted deadlines, please contact myself AND the judge for a delay.
You may also consider contacting the Law Society of England, or its leader Teagan, to be ask about lawyers.

May this trial be just.

First defence pleading
Your honor,
I was travelling to go back home when i met this guy.I was travelling too and that was all.I didnt attacked him that's a slandering.The reason he didn't gave the evidences for now is that he need time to make some false one.Moreover, to finish this first pleading,i want to talk about my rp profil this is the number of wheat collect i've done since i was born 6 monks ago.Nothing else to say for now.

Prosecutor indictment
Your honour,
The victim in this case was robbed on the road by the defendant Anger. At the time, he was carring cash, about 120 pounds worth. He was robbed twice, once by Anger and once by Chaprouge. The robbery by Anger preceeded that of Chaprouge, and therefore I ask the court to hold the defendant responsable all of the 120 pounds. None of the defendant's money remained after the attack.
I offer the following as evidence: https://2img.net/h/i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/danielladear/Evidence-1.jpg
I ask that the court note the events of the 14 september, when Anger robbed the victim.

This proof was after the fact, as the date shows. However, it does show evidence of the crime.
I have called the victim to the stand, to testify.

Last defence pleading
The only thing i can see here is a dead man who try to make me pay with a false proof on a screen he did 5 days afters because he didnt want to show why he lost points and why he wasnt able to gain his 10 pounds.
I cant believe a thing on this evidence and i just want to have peace at last to be able to become a good blacksmith for this town.

The defence called Whit

The defence called Jealousy

The prosecutor called Danielladear
His statement:
Your Honor,

On September 14th I was robbed by Anger of all of my money, that equalling about 120 pounds. I have given the Prosecutor a copy of my Events screen as evidence, and feel that Anger should be judged and given the appropriate punishment for his actions. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Cornwall Trials
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next