Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Slavery] Spellwhiz vs Sevenoaks - Discharged (17/5/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Slavery] Spellwhiz vs Sevenoaks - Discharged (17/5/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Slavery] Spellwhiz vs Sevenoaks - Discharged (17/5/06)   [Slavery] Spellwhiz vs Sevenoaks - Discharged (17/5/06) EmptyThu 18 May - 13:36

Bill of indictment wrote:
Spellwhiz hired person for 14 pounds - 2 pounds below the minimal wage. I warned him to cancel his offer as soon as I noticed it but in vain. I ask the Court to put him on trial and force him pay the nessesary fine.

Yours,
Dani

Mayor of Sevenoaks

First defence pleading wrote:
I wasn't online since I posted that offer until now. I did not know anything about the minimium wages. I have been in retreat for 2 or 3 days and could not cancel the offer.

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
I understand the reasons of Spellwhiz, but one of the principles of law is that ignorance do not excuses. But having in mind Spellwhiz hadn't known that he is commiting a crime I pleade the smallest possible sentence. I am sure that after this trial he won't do it again.

Yours,
Dani

Mayor of Sevenoaks

Last defence pleading wrote:
I would just like to say that I did not know about the law and I hope you can lighten the sentence.

Elimlj (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
I did accept the job from Spellwhiz because there were no positions available at the mines and no axes to borrow from the town hall. Perhaps Spellwhiz did not know about the rule, I didn't. Please give leniency.

Silvrfoxx (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
I went to the town hall as usual each day to see if there is a job that I could do. That was when I noticed that Spellwhiz was hiring for only 14 pounds. I sent a message to Dani_ddd, Sevenoaks mayor, because I didn't know where to report the issue to get it resolved. I mailed to Dani exactly what was in the posting so that there was no misunderstanding on the job posting. Dani mailed me about talking to Spellwhiz to remove the job posting or he will be put on trial.

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
Due to the fact that the defendant hired the victim in good faith and was unaware of the law,
Due to the fact that the defendant was in retreat when a letter was sent to him, which prevented him from canceling his job offer in time,
Due to the fact that this is a first time offense by a new farmer,

I hereby dismiss the charge in this case, with 2 conditions:
- that the defendant will make amends to Elimlj either by selling him goods at a discounted price, or by buying overpriced goods from him (without breaking the law on price caps for bread and corn).
- that the defendant give his victim 1 trust point.

To conclude, I suggest the defendant register in the kingdom's forums and try to interact with the other citizens there, and read the law of Sussex that all citizens must respect. The Library of the University contains a wealth of helpful information. Mentors in your town will help you if you're unsure of anything. Never hesitate to ask questions in the forum, many will help you.

Case judged by Wyn
Back to top Go down

[Slavery] Spellwhiz vs Sevenoaks - Discharged (17/5/06)
Page 1 of 1