Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Public disorder] Dragothar vs Sevenoaks - Guilty (9/1/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Public disorder] Dragothar vs Sevenoaks - Guilty (9/1/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Public disorder] Dragothar vs Sevenoaks - Guilty (9/1/06)   [Public disorder] Dragothar vs Sevenoaks - Guilty (9/1/06) EmptySun 8 Jan - 16:07

Bill of indictment wrote:
One of my citizen got attacked on the roads by this man.

I require a death sentence for this guy.

Once again, i'm sure that he's a gentleman, robbing in order to give back ... last robber got 2 days jailed but was allowed to keep more than £1000 of stolen goods.
Do you wish Sussex to have this kind of reputation ?

Me not.

I'll meet Pastix and Bestiole to give them money, but it's not my job as mayor.
Do i need to work on a local militia which will be cheaper for me, or can i trust in my county ?

First defence pleading wrote:
Your Honor,
and you, dear mayor of Sevenoaks,

I saw Dark_Devil murdering Vinny112 a few days earlier, I fled then leaving all my stuff behind (1 axe, 20 corn bags, 12 vegetables and 5 pounds). While Dark_Devil was probably supposed to discard the body in the river, he most likely got scared because I saw him and he therefor hid the body in the woods just off the road (on the east side of Sevenoaks). I returned there to that spot to burry the lad.
Now I dug a pit, and when I wanted to lay the body of Vinny112 in the pit I heard footsteps comming from behind me. Scared as I was I pulled my stick and turned around fast; there stood Bestiole.
He must have thought I murdered Vinny112, he looked very frightened (wouldn’t you if you saw a man dragging a body), I walked to him to assure I didn’t kill that man and then… he… just fell on the ground… he had a heart attack… I wanted to help him, but since I’m no docter I couldn’t do anything.
As I thought he was dead, I took Bestiole's purse, which contained his pay for working (42,50 pounds and a bread loaf). I’m not against making a bit of cash on the sly (who wouldn’t?), and since I thought he was dead he had no use for it anymore. But now that I know he’s still alive, I would really want to give back his stuff, and even some extra bags of corn. I’m a honnest man…

DragothAr

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
" i'm a honnest man "

of course, jails are full of innocents, but heaven too.

I must admit that i'm a little bit tired and i couldn't listen all of your story. But it seems that everybody attacks each other, plays with bodies, loot each other in order to give back.

I'd prefer to ear safe roads stories.

Once again your honor, i sincerly ask you for making in the best case a good example, in the worst case, the first of a hard-time for robbers.

Death sentence is our only issue to have peace again.

Last defence pleading wrote:
I plead guilty for the robbing. Though the sentence of death is a far too high punishment and should only be given in cases of murder, withcraft and serious rebelions. I ask remission of sins to Bestiole (gave him 50 pounds and 10 corn bags, Tetsu I don't need the remission from you) and because it was my first crime I shouldn’t be punished too hard; 2 days in jail and I’ll have learned my lesson, these days can be as bad as a death sentence (I think everyone knows that).

DragothAr

Bestiole (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
During my travel between Canterbury and Sevenoaks, I've been robbed by Dragothar. He scared me and threatened my life so I give him all that I had : 42 pounds and my bred and falled in blackout disease. When I wake up, he was far away, and I go on my road to Sevenoaks with no more money and nothing to eat.

Relamir (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
The fact is, DragothAr killed and looted someone. Dont know why there seem to be so many people that think that robbing and giving back is allowed, even with a weak attempt of RPing it shouldnt be tolerated. It just sets a bad example. I believe that he should face a very heavy penalty, especially since he killed Bestiole.

I cant see how a warning should matter in robbery/murder cases, especially ones that seem contrived or done as a copycat of a similar case.

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of public disorder.
Since the split of the Counties there has been difficulty in getting witness testimony- Urshak is the defence Council for Dragothar and has asked that I post his defence here since he cannot access the Courts due to the geographical issues.
I will render my judgement after shis statement.
I ask that the witness statement from Relamir is dismissed from the record, because DragothAr didn't kill Bestiole.

Further since I can't plead the case directly I would like to add this:

Travel is down to a minimum, the situation on the road has become bad. There's the great risk of being robbed, wolves howl in the distance and perhaps attack. It is not safe anymore to travel alone. A local militia, as the mayor of Sevenoaks says, is good if they could clean the roads once or more times a week (like in Flanders).
The group might catch the thief, in which case they are faced with the choice of what to do about him. Easy choice if he is your average thug or pickpocket, but what if he is a young boy (like DragothAr), or better still, a girl? A street urchin might have no other way of making a living. A child can get places and do things an adult can't, but I personally think robbing is not allowed, not even for a boy.
Though the sentence of death is far too high for DragothAr, he feels himself guilty and asks remission of sins (he gave back more stuff then he stole)and because it is still his first crime he shouldn’t be punished too hard (1 or 2 days in jail and he’ll have learned his lesson).
I thank you, your honourable.
Urshak
MY JUDGEMENT
First, I would admonish the mayor who wrote this indictment - to mind their tone when addressing this court. It is NOT your place to come into this court and use such a tone with me. Now- to the case at hand
I have not seen proof that the defendant has paid back the victim. I also hear that the defendant plead guilty.

I do not see that Dragothar Killed the Victim - I judge this statement to be incorrect.
I accept the guilty plea and sentence the defendant to one day in jail and 3 days toiling in the county mines and 25 pounds. Further, the Accused must give one trust point to the Victim
You must provide proof of working in the mines and the reputation point to the court via screen shot or you will be held in contempt of court.

The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 1 day.
Back to top Go down

[Public disorder] Dragothar vs Sevenoaks - Guilty (9/1/06)
Page 1 of 1