Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Public disorder] Mantitan vs Wiltshire - Guilty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Public disorder] Mantitan vs Wiltshire - Guilty Empty
PostSubject: [Public disorder] Mantitan vs Wiltshire - Guilty   [Public disorder] Mantitan vs Wiltshire - Guilty EmptyMon 4 Sep - 15:29

Lawsuit between Mantitan and Wiltshire

Mantitan was charged with commission of public disorder.

The sentence has been passedStatement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of public disorder.
You, Mantitan have been found guilty of Robbery and of an additional charge of contempt. The court fines you 50 pounds; 40 pounds for the robbery of forum threads and 10 pounds for your insults to the court during your RP Trial. The forums of the Patrons are the property of the Patrons, just like the Forums of any group are considered their property.
This case was called not only by the public, but by His Majesty, LongJohnSilver, himself. I hope with the new changes to the Forums that this problem will not continue.
The defendant has been sentenced to 50 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
As mandated by the count of Wiltshire an indictment for trial is issued against the citizen Mantitan for public disorder. The witnesses to be called will be Willum,Count of Wiltshire, Dugustus,regent elect to all of England, Dame Melora, leader of the Patron party who are the victims in this case, and Sajanzv, retainer to the regent and mayor of Bath.

First defence pleading
I ohnestly feel I have suffered enough--I said I was sorry that was a heartfelt apology and I no longer have any dignity in wiltshire county, you have broken me and I ask that you spare me in game this once as I have done nothing wrong in the game only on the forums I am truely sorry but I feel that because you are a member of the patrons you make it worse for me, I ask that you look at this as this happened to some other party that you are neutral with, that is all I have to say it is your decision Martur

Prosecutor indictment
The defendent did confess in the forum that he did willfully and maliciously delete the entire private forum of the Patrons political party. Everything the party had confered about or polled to vote in order to improve the game itself was lost. I believe this violation constitutes a charge of public disorder as it disrupts the Patrons contribution to the game as a whole.

Last defence pleading
I plead guilty, on the forums! I had that RP trial and have no rights in the game to suffer and 3 cases is in fact an insult to my well being

The defence called Egolend
His statement:
Your honour, the prosecutor has failed to make it clear which section of public disorder they are charging my client. I can therefore not see what crime they are accusing him from. The right to council, says that I should know the evidence against my client which is clearly imposible without knowing the charge.

If I am to have to defend him on all posible charges, I beilve it cannot be section 001, as no robbery occured, it cannot be 002, or 003, as the charge as shown by the prosecutor's indictment refers to the origion dealting rather than subsejent actions, 005 is irrelvant as he did the action himself.

This only leaves section 004. For this the prosecution must first estiblish he was an official, which they have failed to do. It also requires one of four action, the first two, abuse the powers of their office; grossly neglect their duties; are irrelvant as is action were unrelated to any office, the third requires proof that the disruption to the partons, is of harm to the people of Wiltshire. The prosectution has failed to bring proof that what was deleated will have any impact on the life of the people of Wiltshire and even if it does, not all Parton ideas are good, and therefore it cannot be assumed to be good but rather must be proven. The last or commit any deed punishable under the Laws of Wiltshire is irrelavent as my client has not been convicted of any crime. In the event that he was, charging him under this law would be double jepody, rather his alledged position should be taken into account with the origional sentance.

The prosecutor called Sajanzv
His statement:
I first came to know about the desecration of our beloved Patrons guild when I came to read up the news on the forums. To my dismay, I found all the reports, our hard work missing. Since I have contributed much there, my anger was great. I decided to find out who was responsible for this mess.

Dismayed and tired, I went to the Light's Out Saloon where I was discussing the problem with my friend Rosalynn. Suddenly Mantitan entered the tavern. At that time, he was not a suspect. So we started discussing the problem with him.

Suddenly he said he knew who wiped the Patrons forum. When I asked him to help us identify the saboteur so we might remove that person from the guild, he said it was himself and he left immediately.

We were shocked, Rosalynn and I. I immediately informed the Patron leaders and the public. While in the process of doing so, I kept an eye on the entry of people in the Patrons guild. Sure enough, after some time, it said that Mantitan had arrived at the forums, and soon there was another destruction of our limited records. I became furious.

I returned to Bath to find out where Mantitan was and to give him a sound talking to. To my surprise, I encountered him in the Light's Out Saloon again. I should say I went on the attack, asking him how he dared do such a thing and such. His replies that I was able to capture are all part of the public records now.

https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof2.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof3.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof5.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/sajanzv/PatronsMantitanproof6.jpg

At first, Mantitan denied that the evidence was true. He even accused me of falsifying evidence, an accusation I take great umbrage to even now. After some time though, apparently feeling the heat of the evidence on his neck and knowing that he could be heading for death, he contacted me and apologized to me personally. I told him that a personal apology is not good enough, that he had harmed all Patrons. I asked him that he apologize to the Patrons in public.
To my utter surprise, he did do that. Again, his apology is public record. His apology set off another wave of heated debate and that is why this trial has been called for by Count Willum.

He certainly is guilty and he has admitted his own guilt.

The prosecutor called Melora
His statement:
Dame Melora, Lady of Winchester, steps forward with a parchment and presents it to Brunhilda.

"I give this to thee as evidence of events that took place on Thursday, 27/7/2006 at 8:35 a.m. CST. This is a copy of a post that thou, personally, may see elsewhere and that others do not have visibility to in a special forum. I recorded this information of which players were in general forums immediately after the attack on the Patrons Forum took place. I have, in this document, highlighted that information in red. Please note that Mantitan is listed as there amongst the names.

"At the time the attack took place, I, personally, was in the Patrons forums and was composing a lengthy post. When I clicked on the "submit" button, a message was returned to the effect that the topic didn't exist. Quite startled, I clicked my back browser key to discover the Patrons Forums now empty. I immediately went to the general Forums index to copy the names of all present in Forums for evidence of the possible perpetrator.

When I returned to The Patrons forum, another of the Patrons, Klaus, had just posted about the devistation. He, too, it seems was in the forum when the destruction occurred. He explained in a post that he was one of the "hidden" on the general forums list.

I then posted immediately to Mod/Censor Forums as notification of the vandalism. As soon as I had completed this, I received a PM from Mantitan, stating that he had accidentally deleted his name from the Patrons' membership list and requesting that I reinstate his membership. I acknowledged his PM and reinstated his standing. I was then called away to IRL duties."

"An hour later, when I returned to The Patrons' forum, they had again been deleted. When I checked the membership roster, Mantitan's name was again deleted also. At that moment, I received notification from Sajanzv that Mantitan had confessed his crime."

Quote:
Melora
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrons Forum has just been erased while I was in the Forum. I immediately copied all who were in Forums at that time:

In total there are 21 users online :: 15 Registered, 2 Hidden and 4 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 74 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:38 am
Registered Users: Arynna, Caissadiplomat, Casperion, Gimilax, GoldenDragon, Maelia, Mantitan, Melora, Mr.Pulverizer, PlayerA, sammal, Sylvana, VladtheImpaler, wheeler, zero star_________________
Mistress of St Cross Hospice of England
The Patrons
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close the window
Back to top Go down

[Public disorder] Mantitan vs Wiltshire - Guilty
Page 1 of 1