Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Fraud] Abym vs Barnstaple - Guilty (26/6/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Fraud] Abym vs Barnstaple - Guilty (26/6/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Fraud] Abym vs Barnstaple - Guilty (26/6/06)   [Fraud] Abym vs Barnstaple - Guilty (26/6/06) EmptyWed 28 Jun - 15:31

Bill of indictment wrote:
Abym bought wool at 11 and sold it within two hours for 12.50, he is a rich level 2 bucher and therefore has no interest in the wool trade. I also have reason although not proof he is autoselling hides from France and I therefore ask he be told to leave Barnstable.

First defence pleading wrote:
Your Honor,

I am really surprised to be called at the Court (is this kind of a remake of the new drama called « prison break », 5£ entrance in Barnstaple ‘s Theater ??).
But please consider that i am really sorry of what is happening. The deepest problem is that i can‘t remember of what Mr the Mayor is accusing me (and, sadly, this is no longer written on my event’s board). Perhaps Egolend has any trace of it ? Anyway, be sure this is certainly an error of my part as the words « wool » and « milk » are very similar in french…i would have probably confused the goods ? Sorry then.
On the other hand, i am selling on Barnstaple’s market the wool stock that i have bought two weeks ago in Bridgewater (at this time i planned to change my work from butcher to weaver, wich is no longer a wish as i want to become a blacksmith just like my grandfather was !! (huh …poor man… he died from the hammer’s syphilis just before telling me the secret of life…hum.. « hammer » for the ossicle situated in the tympanic part of the ear of course)…
So now, you ll clearly understand that i AM « really concerned » by the wool trade as i am nearly the only one who is selling wool on the TH market (please your honor, send someone to check or just give me a tap to make me continue … without tilting please)…
« But… moment…, did someone say wool » ? (… hmmm that s sound like a disco lyrics ! huh … what is disco ???) : i really want to know why Mr or Miss (hum what a kind person, he has not even filled his profil…for a mayor, what a good example) Egolend sold, and he tell so, his wool on the market at 11 £ as he is himself a weaver and as their is OBVIOUSLY a lack of clothes on the market ! ! ! …
Perhaps is he angry toward me as i have recently written him a letter (for now i have received no response)… in which i was noticeing him that he was not doing the right job as mayor of Barnstaple city (examples : no fresh goods ! no carcass of pigs or cows ! no jobs ! ! ! no lottery and … worse…no gogodancers at the tavern ! ! !(well i really fear that they are prosecuted since one of them vomit his meat in the middle of the street…hey that just sound like a Pop lyricks ! ! !…huh... what is Pop?)…
So is this the Curse of Barnstaple ! ! ! ? (look a three headed monkey behind you ! ?)

At last but the least ! ! i am asking now if multiple functions (Egolend is mayor and Constable…) are really good for citizens…
And by the way, could ever Egolend be a witness, a kind of sheriff and a Constable at the same time, in the same trial? Brrr i really fear for myself and i hope, your honor, that probity of this trial will be saved.

Thank you, your Honor, for listening me. And thank you too dear public, i have really appreciated the rotted tomatoes that are gluing me on the audience floor (gasp i was just starving in here)

Ni !

Sir Abym, knight keeper of the sacred words.

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
I saw both records of it as I testified. Whilst I agree it is unusal for the prosecuter to testify when crimes involve the TH the mayor is the only one to see the evidence. They are also empowered to prosecute in order to protect the town. In these cases they must be the witness.

Just because Abym cannot remember all his dealings doesn't mean they didn't happen. Given this case was severed within 48 hours of the insident, just shows the volumes of transaction he is doing. Given he has not left Barnstable I must wonder what caused this volume. Merchants in the hide trade have been hitting the autobuys during the past week and last night I have also noticed that Abym bought the 60 hides on the county fair at 11 just after the announcement that they would sell for 16.

Although the count I court him on is minor, Barnstable does not need merchant who mark up there goods in the same town. Has he noted there is a lack of clothes on the market. The amount that can be made is limited by the amount of wool, and him reducing the supply does not help. The sooner he is gone, the easier job the next mayor will have.

If his story was true about the mix up he would have put the wool on the market by now, he would have no reason to sit on the stock. He would also have proof he bought it in the form of two wool in his invetary. He cannot argue it was a mistake and he has no knowlage. I put it to you that if he has lied in one part, he has lied in it all as a man with nothing to hide sticks to the truth.

Last defence pleading wrote:
You Honor,

(hum… accusation ommited to salute you twice…gasp… that s desespereting)

Obviously accusation has not readen at all my first reply or is trying to rearrange…

First of all, I insist in saying that Egolend is not only a mayor and a witness, but that he is also a Constable . Isn t it a case of multiple function as it is written in law book or in any case unvaluable in this trial ? Moreover, in the present situation, the mayor had an argument with me, which would naturally make him unsuitable as a trusty witness or as definitely not a fair one.

Thus, as I said for my defence lately, I missunderstood "lait" for "laine", meaning "milk" for "wool", because i was in a bit of a hangover (hic, french wine tastes so strong) … I am saying it again: the two different goods were in my inventory and I can t check events all the time ( I m note 24 on 24 hours on the RR) ... remember that only the last 7 ones are readable... Just like Mr Egolend i m selling and make people working in my property (hmm by the way mayor is promising more jobs and more gages but it s not really kind for a rich lev 2 like him to hire people at 14 pounds …brrr…disgusting)

So is this a kind of revenge and in what purpose? If the mayor cannot accept to be criticized on its policy it's not a democracy anymore but a dictature (I know it s middle age but please think about it!).
Or is this a part of an electoral campaign as there will be a TH vote in 9 or 8 days ??? Egolend seems to be very preoccupied by this election… does he hide something? As i have said to him in the letter, we have never see the finances of the city in his official reports !?? What does it mean !?

I like Barnstaple much (ahhhh gogodancers by moonlight in the Tavern “The Cloak of the Eclipse” … oops I thought they were prosecuted…gasp…)
I have some friends in this town and even if my english is not that fluent, i really appreciate to communicate.
If Mr the Mayor, Egolend doesn't support the critics, I won’t stay anymore and move as soon as I can (I cannot move my property until a couple of days…). Hopefully, my friends have decided to go with me…

Last, i really hope the new mayor, if there is one, will do a more efficient work. Cornwall deserves it.

Thank you for listening your honor. Dear public I really do not appreciate the spinach with the “mount tomatoe”… gasp…

Abym, knight keeper of the secret words.

Ni !

Egolend (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Since I am the only witness I will testify under oath that under TH sales is say Abym bought 2 wool for 11.00 and under my purchase it says he sold 2 wool for 12.50

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of fraud.
this court finds Abym guilty in the case of Abym vs Barnstaple for manipulating the market for his own personal gain. This court fines you 10 pounds and also requires you to leave Barnstaple.
The defendant has been sentenced to 10 pounds fine.

Case judged by Nightbliss
Back to top Go down

[Fraud] Abym vs Barnstaple - Guilty (26/6/06)
Page 1 of 1