Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Fraud] Crichaor vs Bridgewater - Guilty (9/5/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Fraud] Crichaor vs Bridgewater - Guilty (9/5/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Fraud] Crichaor vs Bridgewater - Guilty (9/5/06)   [Fraud] Crichaor vs Bridgewater - Guilty (9/5/06) EmptyTue 9 May - 17:04

Bill of indictment wrote:
Crichaor repeated the same offense of ripping people off with empty meals at his tavern as he did at Barnstaple. He then framed Coltcommander by putting him as the bartender. I requested the king to look up the owner of "my tavern" and his reply was Crichaor. I was hesitant to bother to king, so I requested Crichaor to send me a screenshot of his My home page (anyone with a tavern, it will have an extra tab that says "Your duties and responsibilities" on their My home page), which he refused by making up the sorry excuse of "i do not know how to, my wife will come back in 10 days and she can tell me". After I send him the instructions on how to take a screenshot, he replied with yet more lies, about how he is losing money for the meals and wanted to help Coltcommander but "Coltcommander don't know that i wanted to help him.He doesn't know me.I wanted to help him because we have a same friend.I wanted to send him a mail in few time." The only truth part of that letter was him admiting to have been the owner of Shannon's Ashes in Barnstaple. I will send a copy of the complete letter to the Judge. The defendent has done enough wrong to the level 0s and level 1s of Barnstaple and Bridgewater, his 7 day period is almost at a close. I ask the judge to quickly determine his sentence before he has a chance to once again escape to another colony and do more people wrong.

First defence pleading wrote:
Ok, in my letter for the mayor, i lied.I lied because i thought that i wouldn't be presecuted by lying.Now that i am on trial, i will say the truth:I opened "My tavern" for win money,and yet, i am not out-law.I never said that i sold bread for 6.5£.I just said that i sold a meals cold "bread", that cost 6.5 £, and that was full of nothing.There is no bug in this.This is a possibility of the game.All the rules has been respected.You can think what you want of me, but i am not a fief.To finish, don't remember that i said not to eat in my tavern.All the people who ate there thought that the meals was not for them.Even if it's autorized by the law, it is not nice to eat in a tavern when you think that the owner lose money each time you buy a meal.

long live the king

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
The Count of Cornwall, and a resident of the town of Barnstaple Nogwa made an estimation, that Crichaor stole about 50-100 pounds per day from the people in Barnstaple. His tavern was open for atleast 5 to 6 days there. "My Tavern" in Bridgewater was open for atleast 5 days as well. According to the number of complaints, I would say it had similar results in Bridgewater. Lieing to the mayor on purpose to escape prosecution only add wrong to wrong, I ask the judge to also look into this matter. It was not a feature of the game to gain money as desribed by the defendent, he repeatedly took advantage of a bug in the game at the expense of new players, instead of reporting it to the Bug section of the forums. The defendent does have a point when he stated that he put "please do not buy here, the meals are only for the bartender". But however, some people, espeically new players simply do not care to read, or ignores such warnings, and their curiosity leads directly to the loss of their hard earned money.

Last defence pleading wrote:
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Benfolds5 (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
A few days ago, I bought a meal at 6.50 pounds from the Coltcommander tavern, but receved no food as well. When questioned, Coltcommander informed me that someone has framed him and he didn't know who. I have spoken to badboyandmystick the Bridgewater mayor and learned that this could be someone exploiting a bug, and it has affected quite a number of people.

Coltcommander (called by the prosecutor) wrote:

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of fraud.
May the defendant rise!

On the charges of Treason brought upon you, I find you: Guilty as charged!

I have never in my days as a judge, seen a more cowardly act than the one you just comitted. You have, not only once, but twice taken deliberate advantage of the hardworking people of Wiltshire's trust in the tavern meals. And when you are caught you don't have the currage to face your punishment and flee to another county.

I herebye sentance you to: A 1000 pound fine and 3 days imprisonment. Additionally I wll herebye ban you from the land of Wiltshire.

Case closed!
The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 3 days.

Case judged by Björkel
Back to top Go down

[Fraud] Crichaor vs Bridgewater - Guilty (9/5/06)
Page 1 of 1