Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Public disorder] Dark_Devil vs Wiltshire - Guilty (3/2/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Public disorder] Dark_Devil vs Wiltshire - Guilty (3/2/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Public disorder] Dark_Devil vs Wiltshire - Guilty (3/2/06)   [Public disorder] Dark_Devil vs Wiltshire - Guilty (3/2/06) EmptyThu 2 Feb - 9:03

Bill of indictment wrote:
I charge Dark_Devil, citizen of robery.

Your honor, I will present to you that Dark_Devil has committed robbery against Gollum1963 du gondor, a travelling ambassador and merchant doing trade with the county of Wiltshire.

Wiltshire Law states:
"Whosoever shall commit robbery against an innocent traveler and steal his/her hard earned wages, or property shall respond to a competent tribunal for the charge of robbery. If he kills said victim, he will further face the charge of murder.
If found guilty, the accused shall face, imprisonment, loss of charisma, heavy fines, or Death, at the discretion of the judge, based on severity of the crime."

I will present to you one man - Gollum1963 du gondor. This is the man that was robbed. He has an excellent reputation as a man doing business in two kingdoms for the good of the people.

Your honor, I ask you for the highest possible punishment - one that is fitting for a criminal like Dark_Devil. Your honor, I ask for ninety days served in Wiltshire prison in addition to one hundred percent restitution.

Prosecutors Indictment wrote:
The King has already explained Dark Devil's arrest, and as you know Judge, there is nothing we can do about that. That should have no bearing on this court's opinion.

Gollum's reputation is pristine, he came here from France to help Wiltshire, while Dark Devil has been a repeat offender in Sussex and the lands of Wiltshire. The esteemed Judge Nordicnorn of Sussex has submitted this as her opinion:

"DD has been in my courtroom before. He commits this treachery in your county this time because he knows it is the gallows for him here. He is under warrant of Death if he commits robbery again in Sussex.
I beg you, good Fellow Judge, do not let this brigand escape the executioner to torment our citizens again."

I think the people have proven its case against Dark Devil.

Furthermore, I requested this criminal to admit guilt and promise restitution and in return I would ask the court for leinency. He has failed to do so. I ask you to promise full restitution to Gollum1963 from Dark Devil and for the full term of ninety days in prison so that no harm will come to others in our land for a long time.

The prosecution rests.

First defence pleading wrote:
I'll take this trial as the official one. Please cancel the other one.

I don't know if it's very useful to me to plead my defense as I believe the verdict is already decided, and all my goods and money have already been confiscated.

Anyway, I won't give up without fighting.

First you declare that Sir gollum has an excellent reputation. It's not so excellent as I don't know him, he never talked in our forum, so I guess no one in Wiltshire does know him, except maybe one or 2 people in the Council.

Second, Gollum is lying. He claims I stole him 120 bags of corn and more than 30 clothes. That's wrong.
As an evidence, you can check in the inventory you confiscated to me
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img220/3978/fringuesvoleesjpeg7ul.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img220/6747/maisvolejpg1dl.jpg

If he lied on these points, he could have lie on other ones. By the way, I bring evidence, but what does he bring him as evidence, except his testimony ??

Third, this trial has a technical irregularity. I was imprisoned before any judgement, contrary to the Wiltshire law "Right to trial" : No person shall be fined, censured, imprisoned, or otherwise punished without first having a trial as defined by his Majesty the King.
Here is an evidence of my imprisonment :
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img91/2087/injailjpg9bt.jpg

In consequence, I require the cancellation of this trial.

Last Defense Pleading wrote:
Last defence pleading

the King may be the King, he's not the Judge. For having imprisonned me against the maw, i require a compensation. For gollum's lies about his inventory, i require compensation.
For the jail i'll surely make, i require compensation.
I let the judge estimate the amount of this compensation.
Ninety days in jail is such an amazing sentence, I think no one in the world ever has been required for so long. What will you require for crime more important (like betrayal or murder) : 8 death penalty ? (hung, drown, burnt, ...)

It has been proved tha gollum has lied, it has never been proved I lied. Please consider that what he requires is not what he really had !
I admit having stealing him, but not for all he claims !

Gollum1963 (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Mister the judge, Mister the prosecutor. I indeed came to bring 255 quintals of stone in your beautiful country for reparer your mines and to sell food products and clothing at very handsome price!!j' had succeeded with éconnomiser not badly of ECUS in 1 year but here is that this good-for-nothing of dark_devil all stole me in once!!! such an amount of voyages and work destroyed in one night, it is terrible for me! I do not have anything any more in my inventory, I am skeletal and I loses characteristic of day in!!!je day extreme desire not of evil for Dark_devil, but if it could refund me what it me A took and to do a little prison, to teach him the good mannerss, cŕ would be enough can be here the list of what it me stole (more or less well on) 5857 ECUS, + or 150 pieces of meat, 130 bags of flour 120 bags of corn and 3 tens of clothing various (shirt H,F and braies) here is messior, my fate is between your hands! that justice is made

Sentence wrote:
The defendant has been proved guilty of public disorder.
I’m sorry about the imprisonment on forehand, my apologies. But we had to make sure you, Dark_devil, were not going to run or sell the stolen items.

Now about those items Dark_devil, and the proof you have shown me, I don’t believe you… You should have given me a full screenshot not a part of it.
Anyway, I also asked the public prosecutor to call for our King, which didn’t happen at all
I would have liked to know what had been stolen exactly. The prosecutor failed to do so and now the only proof I have is of Dark_devil… who should I believe?

There are two ways how to prevent such event: first one is to be strong enough or to have bodyguards. If the traveller does not care about his own safety than he’s search for problems. The crime is the crime and it needs to be punished. But there is possible prevention so this punishment must be equal to crime and victim's neglectfulness of his own safety, certainly with such an amount of money and items. Secondly, I advice the new council to start up an army to sweep the roads once a while.

I find robbing a serious threat indeed. I will not tolerate it - it is an affront to the Council and the King. This Court finds you, Dark_devil, Guilty. I will give you the max. amount days in prison, 3 days, and you’ll pay a heavy fine. Although I would like to hang you on the town square of Marlborough, I can’t since you murdered no one. But I can do something else instead. Further attempts of robbing or just showing your face here, will be punished by an even harsher sentence in the future - do not let me see you in Wiltshire again, you can return to Wiltshire if the King gives you His Grace.

I banish you, Dark_devil, from now on from Wiltshire under the Penalty of Death.

You have till Friday the 10th of February to leave Wiltshire.

Court Adjourned!

The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 3 days.
Back to top Go down

[Public disorder] Dark_Devil vs Wiltshire - Guilty (3/2/06)
Page 1 of 1