Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Public disorder] Larsleuridan vs Cornwall - Discharged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Public disorder] Larsleuridan vs Cornwall - Discharged Empty
PostSubject: [Public disorder] Larsleuridan vs Cornwall - Discharged   [Public disorder] Larsleuridan vs Cornwall - Discharged EmptyMon 12 Jun - 16:17

Bill of indictment wrote:
The people charge Larsleuridan with profiteering. The defendant, realizing he had a monopoly on the bread in Dartmouth, sold his bread for the exorbitant amount of 12 pounds! The legal price cap on bread is 8.75 pounds.

Law being broken:
Chapter 4 - Profiteering

Anyone who sells bread above 8.75 or corn above 4.50 shall be guilty of profiteering. This does not include prearranged deals to give/loan a player money. The maximum punishment is £20+ any profit for a first offence, £50+ twice any profit or 2 days in gaol for a second offence and £100+ twice any profit plus 2 days in gaol for any subsequent offence.

The countess, Lady Vaness, bought the bread to fluch the defendant out. The proof is here:

http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=9676&start=75

The mayor of Dartmouth even posted a warning for people not to do that, or they would be charged, proof located here: http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=9676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

This defendant is taking advantage of a bad situation in Dartmouth, and needes to be made an example of! This sort highway robbery cannot be tolerated.

First defence pleading wrote:
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
Your honor, the defendant insults the court by not appearing here. It is quite obvious that there is no remorse for this victimization of our poor citizens.

It is important that we show our populace that we will not allow this sort of thievery. I respectfully request the maximum punishment: 23.25 pounds PLUS the contempt of court!

Thank you for your time,

Last defence pleading wrote:
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Dame_Vaness (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Yes, I noticed that bread for days... It was very obvious as it was the only breads sold in the market.
It's a shame to try to take advantage of vagrants of our town by selling them bread at such a price !

I bought it to prevent a vagrant to be cheated with it, and then I noticed the name of the seller...

WindWalker (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
I had originally noticed the bread 3 days ago but due to lack of funds, couldn't purchase it - yesterday, finsing myself in the same predictament, I asked our mayor to put warning in his message to the town. Today, I got the money but Dame_Vaness had already bought the bread to flush this party out. As Sheriff of our town, I ask that this crime be met sternly in order to send a message that Dartmough will not tolerate those who wish to break our laws!

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
This court finds Larsleuridan guilty of Profiteering and contempt of court. As the defendent is already dead this court will not give out a punishment to the defendent.

May his soul find peace.

Case judged by Nightbliss
Back to top Go down

[Public disorder] Larsleuridan vs Cornwall - Discharged
Page 1 of 1