Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Free England Press (14/5/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

The Free England Press (14/5/06) Empty
PostSubject: The Free England Press (14/5/06)   The Free England Press (14/5/06) EmptySun 14 May - 15:51

THE ENGLAND FREE PRESS

Front Page

Courting Appeal
After several drafts and many hours of deliberations, the Kingdom of England now has a Court of Appeals. This court is found in the Forums. It will be made up of three justices from each county, who serve 90 terms.
At the present time, Counties Cornwall and Wiltshire have rattified the new Court of Appeals, and Sussex is debating and voted the idea.
The two counties are currently choosing there Justices.
Quote :

Court of Appeals Act
This bill is for the Court of Appeals for the Realm of England and needs to be approved by at least two counties. Once approved it will take up to 30 days to initially set up the Court of Appeals. The target date for opening the court is June 1.

Appointment of Justices

The justices will be appointed based on the number of counties participating in the appeals court. Each county nominates an equal number of justices who must be ratified in a four day poll by the House of Parliament requiring a majority vote. There will be three justices from each county. After the 1 July 2007 this number can be amended by the House of Parliament.

The process for nominating will begin 30 days prior to the start of the session.

Requirements for nominees:

Be an upstanding citizen of honour and integrity;
Be at least Level 1;
Have been playing for at least 90 days;
Been on the forums for at least a month;
Lives within the counties covered by the appeals court;
Has not been a judge or public prosecutor within the last 30 days;
Is not a current mayor, councillor or bishop;
Has not been a justice for more than four of the previous six months.

Seven days before the end of session, the incoming ratified justices decide who will be the new Chief Justice. A person cannot be Chief Justice more than once a year. The Chief Justice is responsible for managing the court's forums.

Each session lasts 90 days.

Each justice has the right to resign.

In the event a justice is convicted of a crime or dies, the justice will lose his seat for the remainder of the session.

Right to appeal

An appeal must be requested within seven days of the verdict on the case that is being appealed, or 21 days if new evidence is found. Each side may only file one appeal on a specific case.

A defendant may request an appeal on one or more of the follow grounds:

Error of law;
Lack of Jurisdiction;
New Facts not known at the time of trial;
Death sentences;
Conflict of interest/gross bias by the judge;
Evidence of poor procedure.

The prosecution may only appeal on grounds of conflict of interest by the judge.

Procedure

The appeal must be presented in the form dictated by the court.

The Court evaluates whether the case meets the standards for an appeal.
If they do not believe there are grounds for appeal, the appeal is rejected. If a majority feels there are possible grounds for an appeal, a full appeal hearing will commence.

The Chief Justice assigns three justices to the case. One justice must be from the county where the case was originally heard and one who believed there were possible grounds (this may be the same person).

If any of the justices have prior involvement with the case, they are to remove themselves from the appeal process and allow an alternate to sit in their place.

Each side is allowed to veto one justice without giving reason or cause. The appellant must declare any vetoes when submitting their opening statement and the prosecution within two days of the case being opened. The Chief Justice decides who will replace a vetoed Justice. The replacement justice may be any justice regardless of their county. If any side has their veto left and wishes to veto the replacement justice, they must be vetoed within two days of their appointment to the case.

A copy of the full trial is given to the appeals court with a statement fully explaining the cause of appeal and a list of witnesses;
The witnesses must then hand in their statements;
A statement from the county (Prosecutor or Judge) stating why they believe the case does not warrant an appeal along with a list of any witnesses;
The county's witnesses must hand in their statements;
The appellant gives a closing statement.

Each of these steps should take no longer than two days. If more time is needed, any of the parties may request an extension from the court.

If statements are not filed within the appropriate time they will not be allowed into evidence after the fact and the case will proceed without them.

The appeals court may rule that:
The appeal is denied;
The conviction was in error and reverse it;
The sentence was excessive and give a new sentence;
There is doubt in the original trail and order a new trial.

The Court of Appeal may interrupt proceedings at any time to pursue their own inquiries, and set any time table for such inquires.

News

Wiltshire Council Speaks

Willum, the spokesman for the council has published this announcement.

Willum wrote:
Citizens of Wiltshire,

Your Council greets you and hopes this newsletter finds you well. As announced earlier, this week witnessed another positions reshuffle when Von Alric was appointed to replace Dugustus as Sheriff for Wiltshire.

Current debates:

The Council is currently discussing a re-write of the Profiteering Law, the proposed Court of Appeal, the proposed Law on Registered Thieves and Bounty Hunters, and a re-write of its own Council Procedures.

Current votes:

The Council has voted in favour of lowering the minimum wage for Wiltshire to 15 pounds. In favour voted Lord LED, Willum, Eniwetok, Von Alric, Bohr and Harekr. Against voted Bjorkel and Aenien. BossMustang, Ailee, Dugustus and Kirtap abstained from voting.

Ministerial updates:

- The Mines Superintendant would like to thank all the county miners for another productive week of work. I am pleased to announce that wages and job availability will remain stable.

County gold production is at maximum level, and iron and stone production is sufficient for maintenance, blacksmiths, a steady continuation of upgrades, and even some export to bring a bit of cash in to the county.

Wage outlays continue to outpace gold production, however at a rate about 60% of last week's deficit. Iron and stone productivity is approaching levels consistent with profitable export to counties with unused gold mine capacities. So far 14 mine upgrades have been performed, with only 2 random downgrade events, with 7 more scheduled to achieve desired mining efficiency.

- The Trade Ministress wishes to thank those Mayors of Wiltshire who posted corn below 4,00 and wheat below 14,00 on County Faire market for the County breeding program. Fodder has been posted at much higher prices over the past three days, however, and this encumbers the County debt even more if the TM is compelled to buy at those prices in order to assist with the Sheriff's breeding program. <tisk, tisk> To keep drool-worthy steaks and juicy hams and crispy bacon on the citizens' plates, it's essential that corn and wheat come to County at discounted prices.

The oar that had been gathering dust, cobwebs, and other nasties on the County Faire Market (the Trade Ministress's cleaning help was protesting "guest worker" status for the past month and the TM herself has been time-consumed with polishing stone, iron and gold as fast as the mines have produced it) HAS FINALLY SOLD! The TM is certain this long-time homeless oar is adding splendidly to the "lodge theme" decore of someone's pretty little house somewhere in Wiltshire, with a family crest proudly woodburned on the paddle portion. The new owner is invited to take picures of the oar to display in the Wiltshire Inn along with home decorating hints.

The Mines Superintendent has done such a superior job that the Trade Ministress can assure a regular supply of portions of iron for blacksmiths will be listed on County Faire Market now. You rock, Eni!....er....yeah! You do well with rocks -- ummmmm, stone! -- also! Too bad we don't have goldsmiths yet, darn it. But the County can now look to selling some of our inventory of stone to our sister counties first, or to foreign entities if our sister counties in England are well supplied with their own.

Friday, May 5th was a RED LETTER DAY for County Faire Market. Every item listed by the TM was sold!!!! This is an all-time first in a very long time <TM mumbles about that oar that hung around for so long>. Indeed, the TM is still spring cleaning the Castle attic-- without any help from the still-protesting cleaning assistants -- so Mayors may see some eye-popping bargains at the County Faire. Anything NOT sold in one week will go to auction <lesson learned from that $#@! oar>. Watch for "Cash in the Castle Attic" auctions!

- No information was received from the Sheriff.

- For safety purposes, the reports of the Sergeant, Constable and Captain are classified.

One issue of intense interest is that the minimum wage has been lowered to 15 pounds.

Not everyone likes the idea of lowering the mininimum wage. KillerRob had this to say in response to EFP's questioning about the new minimum wage:
KillerRob wrote:
I honestly think its a bad idea, I never hire for less than 17 pounds and I believe lowering the minimum wage will just make things harder for newer players. As a level 1 I don't think that 1 pound matters much, but when I was a level 0 I really had to scrape together every pence I could.

Björkel was one of the council members voting against the decrease in minimum wage. EFP reporters asked him for more details on why he was against lowering the minimum wage. Here is Councilman Björkel's response.

Björkel wrote:
As we all know, money isn't exactly growing in the forests of Wiltshire, so we needed to make some changes to reverse the moneyflow from the coffins. One way we thought about was to lower the mine wages. This however required to change the minimum wage. I didn't really like this idea because it only affected the low level players and was giving the high level players an "OK" to exploit them. I know that it is hard to find ways to make everybody chip in the same amount of dough to the clay. But it is possible if we all help to find it. For example we played a bit with the possibility to change the min wage only for the council. I'm not really a fan of this either, but drastic situations require drastic solutions, so I might have considerd voting yes on this. Atleast it's better than lower it for everybody. I voted against mainly because I think we can do better than this.

I think that the level 0:s will get it a bit rough now for a while, espesially now when there is a shortage of bread in many places. I believe that the price for bread will inflate and therefor It will be hard to level up before you get tired of the game (level 0 isn't very funny). If we ever is going to be able to compete with the vast numbers of french players, we need to concentrate to keep our new ones.

Aanien also voted against lowering the minimum wage and had this to say:
Aanien wrote:
Lowering the minimum wage to 15 will be of negligible benefit to a level 1 and 2, but will be detrimental to a level 0. It will retard the growth of a level 0 taking a little longer to advance to level 1.

The future of the game depends on the influx of new players and them staying with it. This is the only way for the game to grow and we all benefit. Unfortunately, there is a high death rate for level 0 players primarily due to the learning curve and somewhat boring/limited role of being level 0. A rapid advancement to level 1 helps to keep their interest by providing more opportunities for them to be involved and participate in more areas. Anything that slows down this advancement is detrimental in the long run.

With the changes in production not long ago, many feel they will profit from being able to pay a lower minimum wage. I think this short sighted view takes unfair advantage of the weakest and most susceptible members of our community, will not spur any economic growth, and contribute to a further erosion of our base of future citizens. We should protect and encourage our new neighbors rather than trying to find ways to exploit them.

Continue to read the Free Press as we keep you up to date on the latest changes.
Back to top Go down
baiboe
Archivist

PostSubject: Re: The Free England Press (14/5/06)   The Free England Press (14/5/06) EmptySun 14 May - 15:51

Dartmouth Revolts!
As was reported last week, Dartmouth has had rebel activity during the last few days. Last week, The Free Press reported that the town had been taken by LYCIUS, and the citizens of Dartmouth were organising a counter-rebellion.
This counter-rebellion installed former Sussex Count Nordicnorn as Mayor of Dartmouth.
Nordicnorn has asked the council to help the cash-strapped town, and the County of Cornwall has agreed.
Councilman TonyRC wrote:
Dartmouth will stay in deficit for 5 days, auto purchasing is out several days.

The Sheriff (Anto) and I will grant Nordicorn, temporary mayor of Dartmouth to buy wheat bags at 14 pounds or less in order to mill flour and to bake breads.

Moreover, The council listen to Nordicorn's SOS for Dartmouth. I already grant her in corns and as soon as I can in breads and milk.

It will be any TH and County bankrupcy.

Tonyrc, your Cornwall's servant
Qnd the Mayor Nordicnorn has responded by saying
Quote :
Yes...
The trade minister is working with me on this - I thank him and the council

For more information on this story, see the Court News, and a War on Clones stories
UWS emerging?

Last week, Dani ddd, founder and leader of the United We Stand movement (UWS) won the mayoral elections in Sevenoaks (Lewes County). The official results given by the AAP are as follows:
1. Dani_ddd : 52.3%
2. Webbard : 45.5%
3. Simonwater : 2.3%
This is the first that has seen a candidate running officially under UWS colors win since the movement was created.

In a general speech to the town of Sevenoaks, the new mayor has posted the following statement:

New mayor in Sevenoaks wrote:
Greetings citizen of Sevenoaks,
I am Dani_ddd, the new mayor of Sevenoaks. As I said I will do everything I had promised in my campaign.

The town hall tavern has new name - The Seventh Oak and you can find there food for 6 pounds.

Town hall treasury is about 4500 pounds but we have good stock supply.

I will need some people to help me with the government:

1. One volunteer for town mentor ( no other recruirements than to be active player and to be ready to help )
2. One statistician to help me with calculations and keep eye on the town statistics
3. As much bards as apply for the job
4. official spokesman of the mayor
5. Entertainment manager
Mail me if you are interested in any of these jobs.

I want to announce that the first Meeting mayor will be on Friday. It will last about 10 hours. you can find me in The Seventh Oak and ask me any sort of questions. The alchohol during the Meeting will be extemely cheap.

I am glad to announce that in the next week 'Miss Sevenoaks' contest will be settled. All candidates for this title - please mail me. We will need jury too, so if anyone is interested - mail me. There will be a great price for the winner!

----------------------
Level 0
----------------------
if you cannot find work at the town hall job offers, plase go work in the mines. The wages there are good.
If you are interested in what crop to grow or animals to breed mail me and I will tell you what is in need.

----------------------
Level 1
----------------------
Please work in the mines if you cannot find any other work. Woodcutting is not advisable if you have less than 15 strenght points.

------------------------
Level 3
------------------------
If you are interested in working as civil servants mail me and tell me what kind of state points you can provide.

ATTENTION TO ALL:
Here are the prises the county will buy our products for:
*Corn: £3.7
*Wheat: £14
*Fish: £17.50
*Hides: £11.50
*HW Cow: £28
*HHW Pig: £14
*Steel: £60
*Wood: £4.00

I want to hear your oppinion on that. I personally am absolutely against them as I find them too low ( espesially that for HHW and HW ). Everyone has 4 days to tell me if he agrees or not so that I could take the apropriate measures.

To all craftsmen: Please, mail me if you want to work with the town hall and complete different tasks like produsing bread, boats, knives and so on.
Yours,
Dani

This is the first opportunity that the UWS has to adapt its platform to real practise. In last week's edition, it was shown that the UWS had been under criticism for not truely being able to advertise a clear political platform.

Yet on the same day of his election (May 6th) a post was created in the Sevenoaks Town hall, the first of which saying that Dani ddd won only because a mere handful of citizens read the forums, where they could read discussions about the UWS's controversial platform.
In the following pages of the topic, the mayor repeatedly finds himself under fire, being accused by the citizens of the town of not answering their questions (especially concerning the economic health of Sevenoaks)
The Light, mayor of Southampton, has repeatedly come to Dani ddd's defense in debating several issues.

Unfortunately, the debates have also sparked off a new round of "flaming" before a call for mutual respect was issued.

After barely 5 days in office Dani dd has come under considerable pressure. Not only is his main opponent in the election (Webbard) discontented by his address to the town, but many other citizens are also concerned especially about the lack of jobs.

The elections were close, and the opposition is fierce. Dani ddd may have won the vote, but his battle is just beginning. The next few days will be critical for him if he is to complete his full mandate. And it is a critical battle for the UWS who needs to retain the Sevenoaks Town Hall in order to retain an imposable stature.

Gasquest
A War on Clones
A few days ago, Dartmouth has been attaced by clones (AGAIN).
This has put some movement on the changing of the revolt requirements.
Lady Vaness opened a poll about that. People are very interested on this, and almost 100 people have voted!
Lady Vaness wrote:
That's not a bug, but an improvement that could be done for the best of the game I think:

What about allowing the Rebellion action to only lvl1 and more (So forbidding rebellions for lvl0)

This will prevent us from Clone attacks (it's much more difficult to grow 10 different characters to lvl 1 without being caught by the Holy INquisition, than just creating 10 lvl 0 and attack a town the same day !)

Plus this will prevent newbies to "try" this function without knowing exactly what it means...

Sign Here if you agree with this idea.
(the idea is to keep this thread alive until LJS read it and take it in consideration)

Up to 80 persons think that this is a good idea, but there are some against it...
BBking thinks that this is a bad idea:
bbking wrote:

I am against :

How i understand the clone issue:

If u make sure noone has a reason to create clones then noone will.....
Player create clones because they have no chance to get away.

Why i believe your proposal does not solve the issue:

Now if you suppress the right for level 0 to rebell, clone will be level 1...
Consequences: they will be problems with election, field selling, and road block.

It takes only 3 days for an experienced player to reach level 1.....
It does not change anything, and the benefits are worth the efforts....

This is not a solution for clones.....

Moreover, in this thread you talk about clone, but the real question is:

SHALL LEVEL 0 BE ENTILTED TO REVOLT

LEVEL 0 is not equal to clone......

There is many way to prevent clone from succeeding in a rebellion
(at least 3) BE SMART and active, instead of insecure and lazzy.
BBKing also wrote:
From a experienced player, it takes 3 days to reach level 1

Lady Vaness, after Bbking and maybe others, still think that this will be the right chose. I asked her few questions...

Elve wrote:

You want, that the revolts would be only for level 1's and up... Why that?

Because it would prevent that criminals use the worst crime in our world : Witchcraft.
As you know when people practise witchery, they control many bodies with the same soul. It's then easy to "control" a dozen of zombie to take over a town. By limiting the revolts to lvl1 and more, we force the sorcerer to take care of his dozen of zombies during few weeks before attacking a town. Meanwhile he has time to be caught by the Holy Inquisition and it's very discouraging and exhausting to grow up so many characters in the same time.

Elve wrote:

You mentioned, that this idea its not new... Why did you think on "bumping" it?

Because of the recent attack of Dartmouth, the town where I live. The main rebel was a vagrant with no reputation points (so a brand new player). It's impossible that a vagrant new-born could have found and motivated so many other vagrants without even going to the forum. I then concluded it was a clone.

Elve wrote:

This clones have been a bit active in theese days, why do you think its like that?

Witchcraft is the easiest and quicker way to rebel successfully in a town. Probably the Holy Inquisition is a bit over-loaded and cannot survey everything. Probably the Holy inquisitors does not like to travel by boat and stay in France ?

LongJohnSilver, our king, thought about this before, so it is on the "implements" list...
Now waiting for his response and wishing that we can stop this evilness...
By Elve
Back to top Go down
baiboe
Archivist

PostSubject: Re: The Free England Press (14/5/06)   The Free England Press (14/5/06) EmptySun 14 May - 15:52

Cornwall's First Elections
County Cornwall will soon hold its first elections. The new county was carved out of Wiltshire during the later half of April. Since then, it has been run by a temporary council, which has been named by HRH King LongJohnSilver.
Nine of the ten members of the Royal Temporary Council of Cornwall are up for re-election. The only member not attempting to re-join the council is Public Prosecutor Arynna.
There are 3 lists up for election, of which 2 are currently complete and paid for. At the moment, the list The Coalition of Freedom and Justice for the Health of the T has not yet named there 2 possition, dispite having named the other 11 places. The two completed lists are The English Coalition (EC) and Cornwall League (CL).
The election is set to close the evening of the 21 of May.

Interests
Interview with His Royal Highness, King LongJohnSilver, The King Of Engand
It was with great effort that this humble scholar begged an audience with the man who oversees all of our great country. This is a transcript of a conversation had on a rainy Friday night, presented for all of England to know the mind of our great and holy King, LongJohnSilver:

DARMOR
Heya LJS.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Hey, how do you do?
DARMOR
Doing well.
DARMOR
What's the deal with this whole Normandy thing?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Basically, unfair players on both side.
DARMOR
I'm kinda unclear about what happened. Who started it?
LONGJOHNSILVER
It's like the Israel/Palestinian war -- the other started it.
DARMOR
Ok... well from what I understand, some people in England attacked and looted a French town? And then ... the French county prosecuted those people even though they weren't in the French county anymore -- do I have it basically right?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep.
DARMOR
Hm... I'm not sure why Normandy was allowed to do that. Does this mean that England can also prosecute people in French counties now?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes. Anybody can, but it shouldn’t happen. It’s not RP.
DARMOR
But can England try the Judge in Normandy for assault (maybe murder?) on its citizens?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep, but then the Norman Judge is going to do the same, and so on and so on, with no end, until everybody is in jail.
DARMOR
So why is it allowed, then? I thought you couldn’t prosecute people in other counties? Isn’t that why some Frenchmen fled to England?
LONGJOHNSILVER
You shouldn't, but you can. It’s just a game matter.
DARMOR
You should take that ability away, shouldn't you? Otherwise, the judicial process can be used as a weapon.
LONGJOHNSILVER
I think players who are Judge should be experienced enough to build a good RP.
DARMOR
Do you think the Norman Judge is experienced enough?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep, I think so. The trial lasted one month, and they tried first to negotiate with England, but nobody answered.
DARMOR
Hm... how can they imprison someone if that person is in England? I guess ninjas sneak into England and carry them away?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Nope. The thing is – they “caught” some of the guys when they fled out of Dieppe, but they are not allowed [by current game mechanics] to arrest them. They could see these guys on the road, and they suited these guys.
DARMOR
Hm. So, how was the English "attack" not good RP? What should have been done differently?
LONGJOHNSILVER
After the attack when normands "caught" the guys they should have told England, who should have accepted that these guys had been caught. Then I would have been notified and put these guys under arrest and they would have been suited.
DARMOR
Hm... so Normandy did it wrong by not telling England?
LONGJOHNSILVER
But neither the Norman nor the English thought about it and England did it wrong by not responding to the Normans and trying to gain time. Basically, the first step of the RP, the attack, was well organized but not the 2nd step so now people know and can try to better organize the next RP.
DARMOR
Hm... I think countries should not be able to prosecute people in other countries. But that's just my opinion.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Countries shouldn't have to use that option -- that's my opinion.
DARMOR
Is it logical that the Judge of Wiltshire should be able to sentence the Count of Flanders, who lives in a castle in another country, to death?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Nope, but if the Count of Flanders refuses to play and be responsible for a role play he created -- that's the point -- people don't want to discuss and create RP so it's no fun
DARMOR
Perhaps no fun to you. I think maybe people in England find it no fun if the Public Prosecutor of Normandy can prosecute anyone in England. Have the administrators considered changing the system so that that's not possible? Or if not, what do you think the solution is to this situation? Because England is very upset at Normandy for abusing the game, I think.
LONGJOHNSILVER
I already told what is the solution: just as Normandy was really upset when England didn't answer their request.
DARMOR
Right, but England is within their rights to RP that refusal, right?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Nope.
DARMOR
Why?
LONGJOHNSILVER
If the guys think like that, I’ll just close England.
DARMOR
So you're saying there's only ONE way to play the game?
LONGJOHNSILVER
England starts an RP…
DARMOR
And if people don't play YOUR way, they can't play?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Listen to me. England starts an RP, right? They attack a town, ok? Normans are defeated, alright? But they can catch a few guys … fair enough. So England must admit these guys have been caught and deal with it.
DARMOR
If Normandy catches some of the guys, shouldn't those guys still be in Normandy?
LONGJOHNSILVER
They should -- both English and Norman players should have asked me to put these guys under arrest in police custody. But nobody ever thought about it. Basically people come to me not in order to develop an RP, but to complain and ask me to be judge. And I find that this really sucks.
DARMOR
Why is it England's job to ask you to put its citizens in custody? Shouldn't Normandy do that, if they're the ones attacked by England's citizens?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Both. Both are playing the same RP … this is what I'd like people to understand.
DARMOR
No... England isn't. Just a few English people.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep, alright, so the ones that organized that RP.
DARMOR
England never decided to attack Normandy. Just some criminals.
LONGJOHNSILVER
I agree, yep, and some of these criminals are now in jail. So where is the problem?
DARMOR
But this doesn't make sense... why would criminals from England ask you to throw them in jail?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Because, in these RPs, the leaders should also be game masters. That is to say: responsible people that want to create a responsible RP … just the leaders, the organizers -- that's what is really important in the game.
DARMOR
Where are these rules written? I've never seen them before.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Never… it's not rules, it's just common sense, and it's something that needs now to be developed if people want to keep organizing big RPs. Because if not, one can see the mess the game is so that's why I started this debate.
DARMOR
How did the English players attack Normandy? Did they move into a town and all rebel?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes. And when they fled, some were caught.
DARMOR
Which ones? And how is that decided?
LONGJOHNSILVER
The one that have been sentenced -- on the road, when you stay on a node, after the day is over you have "memory" -- so you remember some of the guys that you met on the road.
DARMOR
So some people saw them?
LONGJOHNSILVER
A well organized city has spy nets -- people from the militia standing on nodes and watching who is going to where. That's how these guys have been caught, so you must admit it's pretty fair.
DARMOR
So those militia people arrested them?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep. The thing is I didn't put them into jail. Because I haven't been told.
DARMOR
Did they have to fight against their strength?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Nope. As for the strength stuff, sorry, I still haven't code that part yet. So we must assume that a guy seen is a guy caught. As if you are lucky you are not seen, it's pretty fair. Some escape some get caught. Do you agree?
DARMOR
I think if they're caught, they should have to stay in Normandy.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes, I know. But for this point, players need to call me so I put the people in police custody. Just an administrator can do it.
DARMOR
Hm... is it true that some of the players were sentenced to 5 days in Jail?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Maybe, I haven't seen. Let me check. Do you have a name?
DARMOR
Mmm... maybe SNJ_Cooler? I think he was convicted.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes, but look how he defended himself. Here is his plea:
Quote :
Vous sucez le pénis. Veuillez sucer mon pénis et allez la baise vous-même. Je m'inquiète pas ce qui arrive à mon corps. L'union du citoyen de Vive du Sussex !
DARMOR
I remember when I was Judge, you told me 3 days was the maximum, ne?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Not always. There’s usually no need for more than 3 days. But for some reason, you can go up to 10 days. But I admit I don't like it too much. I'd prefer 3 days. I think most of the guys have been sentenced to 3 days. I asked the Normans to do so.
DARMOR
Ok ... so if you could tell all of England one message about this whole situation, what would it be?
LONGJOHNSILVER
The message – you could summarize this conversation. And tell the guys: what the Normans and the English should have done right after the attack – ask the administrator to put the guys caught in police custody. RP game masters should have kept on developing the RP and assuming the consequences. And the most important thing, in these big RP events, the leaders should always be responsible game masters who don't have anything to defend but the fun of the RP. Do you understand what I mean?
DARMOR
Yeah, to some extent. But on the other hand, what if someone happened to just be traveling through Normandy and was from England when this happened? Wouldn't they be seen by the spy net too?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes, but then there is the prosecution, and he can defend [himself].
DARMOR
In your opinion, did the Judge of Normany handle the cases in a fair manner?
LONGJOHNSILVER
They handle the cases as fairly as the English handled the post-attack. That's what I explained in my posts -- both handled it unfairly -- and both are now upset.
DARMOR
So basically, this is a misunderstanding, and there's no real reason to go to war, as long as both sides learn from it?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yes. I think now what should be done is:
+ first English councils create a small RP "support our troops" and find money to help the sentenced guys to pay their debts.
+ then we stop the RP and try, in a non-RP way, to define rules for the next RP, learning from this experience. When I say we, it means: English and Normans and, if you need me, me too.
DARMOR
Wait ... if the English people are actually guilty, why should England help them?
LONGJOHNSILVER
England is not obliged, sure. England should do it if England thinks these guys helped England.
DARMOR
How did they help England?
LONGJOHNSILVER
I don't know, I’m not a player. I don't judge these guys. They are like pirates. England can consider them as pirates, or as corsairs.
DARMOR
I mean ... they got a whole bunch of money from Dieppe, and that's it, right? It's not like they gave it to England.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep. So in that case they are pirates, sure. The thing is, the one who is yelling the most, Zerostar, is also Count. And is the one who made money.
DARMOR
He was one of the attackers, right?
LONGJOHNSILVER
In that revolt, yes. And he hasn’t been sentenced. So that’s pretty unfair. He attacks, makes money…
DARMOR
It's very confusing.
LONGJOHNSILVER
…nobody judges him because he hasn't been caught. And now he’s yelling, and saying, “LJS, you should help my buddies” … wait a minute, you, Zerostar, should help your buddies. You know the English attackers are very unfair in that case. And now they try to have England with them, even if they did no good for England. So be cautious.
DARMOR
Yeah, I definitely get that. Thank you for chatting with me.
DARMOR
Do you mind if I clean up your English, and make it presentable?
LONGJOHNSILVER
Yep, that would be great.  I’d really appreciate it. And if you can make this understandable for other English players that are now upset, that would be great.
DARMOR
Yes. I will attempt it.
LONGJOHNSILVER
Thanks.
DARMOR
No problem.
Back to top Go down
baiboe
Archivist

PostSubject: Re: The Free England Press (14/5/06)   The Free England Press (14/5/06) EmptySun 14 May - 15:52

Weather
saturday (2006-04-29)

The Free England Press (14/5/06) Sat5hd

sunday (2006-04-30)

The Free England Press (14/5/06) Sun5tm

monday (2006-05-01)

The Free England Press (14/5/06) Mon6qb

tuesday (2006-05-02)

The Free England Press (14/5/06) Tue2qj
By Baiboe

Court News

Settled Cases Of Cornwall
Defendant: Valencia
Charge: Slavery
The Verdic: Guilty
The Sentence: 2 pound fine
Judge's Statement:
Considering the defendant plead Guilty, there's no contestation of the crime.
Nobody's supposed to ignore the Law.
Considering this is the defendant's first offense, and the accusation did not prove that there was a Warning prior to the Prosecution, the Court charges the defendant for a minimum fine of 2 pounds.
Plus the Court requires the defendant gives his Trust to Shva as a compensation.
Next time, the Court wi
ll not be as gentle...
Classified case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Defendant: Skyp3
The Sentence: 16 pound fine
Judge's Statement:
Considering the defendant recognized his mistake and this is his first offense, he shall face our Justice, and this way learn this particular point of the law:
Slavery First time offense the penalty is:
lvl1: (x + 2)² + 1TP
lvl2+3: (x + 2 )³ + 1TP
x = amount under min. wage

So the fine is 8 pounds for each job offer, plus one Trust point to the 2 victim (to give within 2 weeks)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defendant: LYCIUS
Charge: Traitorousness
The Sentence:
Judge's Statement:The defendant has been sentenced to death penalty. His execution will take place in 5 days.
Considering the defendant does not dare to speak english. He's guilty of Contempt of Court.
Considering the defendant is offending the Court (I was born in France, and I know what mean "bande de nul"). He's guilty of Court Offense.
Considering the accused has started to sell meal for 30 pounds, he's guilty of Profiteering.
Considering the accused has deliberately take the Town of Dartmouth in an attempt to plunder it. He's guilty of Rebellion.
Considering the accused has displayed banners claiming "Vive la France", he's then considered as a treator to our Nation.
Considering he used his mayor position to send a message to all the town claiming once again "Vive la France"; The court consider this is clearly an attempt to our King's sovereignty. This is a High Treason case.
Considering the accused is a vagrant and is unknown in the Town as well as in the forums and he couldn't achieve this rebellion alone, the Court Highly suspect him of Witchcraft.
Considering you totalize nearly ALL the possible crimes, I will sentence you for the worst verdict I ever made.
I condemn you to be hung by neck until Death !
But the Death penalty is not enough for you, Once you'll be executed, your body will be imprisonned 5 days in jail and will only be able to get out of jail in exchange of a fine of 3000 pounds.
Tell to your clones that if they are caught, the sentence will be the same !
May your soul find the peace.
Defendant: Sirbehetron
The Sentence: 1 pound fine
Judge's Statement:
Considering that the defendant claim for a mistake and did prove by his acts a real will of reparing his fault. As he already gave a compensation to the victim.
And considering the excellent reputation he has in his town. The Court decides to only charge the defendant for a symbolic fine (administrative expenses)
Classified case
Defendant: Lycius
Charge: Fraud
The Verdic: Discharged
Judge's Statement:
The defendant has already been condemned for his crime.
Furthermore, he's now dead.
May he rest in peace.
Bill Of Indictment:
Lycius has committed not one, but two counts of fraud.
He sells bread on the market of Dartmouth for 12,95.
As mayor he sells bread in the town hall taver for 30,00.
Proof can be seen in the following images:
https://2img.net/h/i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/elwiemann/townhalltavern.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/elwiemann/illegalbread.jpg
He has clearly broken the law on profiteering which states that bread cannot be sold at the price of 9,50 or higher. Lycius is guilty of many crimes against England. He deserves to be dealt the maximum fine.
Defendant: Spotty104
The Verdic: Discharged
Judge's Statement:
The defendant probably died from guiltiness, I don't want to charge his family more...
May he rest in peace.
Bill Of Indictment:
Your honor, evidence has been given to the court that the defendent, Spotty104, did commit the crime of slavery in the town of Plymouth by hiring Blacklion for only 12,00 pounds.
Evidence may be viewed here:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img518/277/preuveesclavagismeailyta0sk.jpg
as well as here:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=9676&start=24

Pending Cases, Cornwall County

LYCIUS is charged with commission of public disorder.

The Charge description:
The cowardly brigand LYCIUS took the town of Dartmouth. He did this for the sole purpose of sacking, pillaging and looting the town and leaving it's inhabitants to starve. I call for the penalty of death and hope this miscreant is brought to swift justice.
Xelia is charged with commission of fraud.

The Charge description:
Your honor, the defendant Xelia, is accused of fraud of the most foul sort. She is offering expensive meals in her tavern, and then serving up empty plates to her customers who pay good money and expect a full belly in return. At first glance, a piece of meat and a vegetable at 25,00 may look like a good deal, but then no food arrives.
This is crippling to the citizens of Launceston who give up their hard earned money and expect to receive characteristic points from the meat they are supposedly buying. This is detrimental to the honest citizens who may not be able to afford a decent meal after buying one at such an inflated price. This is money that is not going into the economy of the town, and is instead being pocketed by the nefarious tavern owner. As our law clearly states:
Whosoever shall attempt to … destroy, either for greed or malice, the economy of the County of Wiltshire, shall face a competent tribunal for the crime of Swindling/Confidence Racket.
This tavern must be closed! Xelia must be made to pay the money she has earned at the expense of others. We cannot allow this brand of underhandedness to prevail in our colony!

Thank you for reading!
Back to top Go down

The Free England Press (14/5/06)
Page 1 of 1