Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Traitorousness] Dark_Devil vs Marlborough - Guilty(14/4/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Traitorousness] Dark_Devil vs Marlborough - Guilty(14/4/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Traitorousness] Dark_Devil vs Marlborough - Guilty(14/4/06)   [Traitorousness] Dark_Devil vs Marlborough - Guilty(14/4/06) EmptyWed 12 Apr - 12:34

Bill of indictment wrote:
Dark_Devil, you are accused of robbing MrMint, a merchant trading for the town of Marlborough.

With the help of Gruagach, east of Dorchester, you have brutally robbed him of his precious goods and left him moaning on the side of the road.

Marlborough demands a hefty fine and a severe punishment for these infamous actions and for this obnoxious criminal.

We hope justice shall prevail.

First defence pleading wrote:
I wanted the Judge to wait for a hunt to be started and succeeded, but I've been warned that I'll be prosecuted normally, without any chase.

So here is my defense:
(violin's music in background)
I was an orphan, my mother died when I was 2 and I never known my father, I grew in the streets, without any resources, without any education, without anything to eat.
To survive, I had to learn to steal. I didn't learn another job, that's the work I do the best.

Your honor, please consider my miserable education as an excuse to having rob sir MrMint.
To tell the truth, I didn't want really to steal him, I was just looking for mushrooms in the forest with my friend Gruagach when we saw this guy. He seemed arrogant with his luxurious clothes, when he saw us he just laughed at our dirty clothes, so we decided to give him a lesson of "savoir-vivre".
It appeared that this guy was not educated in the same environment as both of us, and he wasn't able to fight decently. I just hit him once with my fist and he collapsed.
Then I said to myself : "As he's not awake, he might be stolen by anyone , why not me ?"
Then I take him what he had (about 100 pounds we shared between Gruagach and me... Nothing else ! I swear it)

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
The prosecution demands that the court takes charge of Dark_devil education, and that they provide him with a sufficient knowledge to avoid further malevolent actions.

We would rather see him settled in a town rather than roaming Wiltshire's roads.

We demand a hefty fine.

Last defence pleading wrote:
The defense asks also that the Council studies another way to handle robbery, something more RP, like the proposition made by previous Count Lorudce.

Dark_devil (called by the defence) wrote:
I called myself as witness because I want to speak here out-of-RP.
There's another reason for this robbery, it was to push the Council to adopt the RP robbery Count Lorudce proposed few weeks ago.
I have the feeling that everybody agrees, but no one dares to take the decision to apply it.

It's time for the Council to realize that this game NEEDS robbers, for the atmosphear and to give sense to all Knight organizations as well.
By prosecuting any robber so heavily, you discourage the vocation, and soon you'll just have newbies trying to rob without RPing, or french criminal who will come in England and flee away one week later...

MrMint (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Honorable judge. I was traveling from Southhampton to Dorchester and parts beyod to sell items Marlborough was blessed with and these other towns were in shortage. During the journey I was set upon by the bandits Dark_Devil and Gruagach who had joined forces to become a greater danger to travellers. The thieves caught me and stole my gold, but left my goods alone. These criminals are waxing bolder in attacking travelers and are a danger to the crown in their damage to commerce or one day seizing control of a town. I request that these thieves receive maximum justice to promote the Good of Wiltshire and to provide compensation to their victims. Long live the King.

Harekr (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Your Honor, in the past, the Prosecutor has had charges dismissed against the defendant that were baseless. Nevertheless, we must remember that this defendant is a repeat offender. The Crown asks that you keep that in mind while sentencing him. It is our contention that the nature of this defendant's recidivism calls for no less punishment than hanging.

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of traitorousness.
May the defendant rise!

On the charges of traitorousness/robbery I find you: Guilty as charged!

I have not been judge much more than a week, and I have allready seen you here too many times. I have been warned about you, and I know that you have been warned too. I'm not much for death penalty, but in this case I have seriously thougt about it. This WILL be you final warning, next time I find you guilty for robbery, I WILL give you the death sentance.

I herebye sentance you to: 3 days imprisonment, a 150 pound fine, three days of comunity work in the ironmine west of Dorchester. Additionally you have to make a daily report directly to me, everyting you do for a week. This report should contain what you buy, what you sell, where you work and who you hire (if you do so). During this time you are allso not allowed to travel.

Case closed!
The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 3 days.

Case judged by Björkel
Back to top Go down

[Traitorousness] Dark_Devil vs Marlborough - Guilty(14/4/06)
Page 1 of 1