Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Traitorousness] Gruagach vs Marlborough - Guilty (8/4/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

[Traitorousness] Gruagach vs Marlborough - Guilty (8/4/06) Empty
PostSubject: [Traitorousness] Gruagach vs Marlborough - Guilty (8/4/06)   [Traitorousness] Gruagach vs Marlborough - Guilty (8/4/06) EmptySat 8 Apr - 16:48

Bill of indictment wrote:
Gruagach, you are accused of robbing MrMint, a merchant trading for the town of Marlborough.

With the help of Dark_Devil, at the east of Dorchester, you have brutally robbed him of his precious goods and left him moaning on the side of the road.

Marlborough demands a hefty fine and a severe punishment for this infamous action.

We hope justice shall prevail.

First defence pleading wrote:
I do not understand these charges made against me. I am just a rather poor farmer that was taking a breather, with my travel companion Mr. Dark Devil, while tryingto figure out how to get to Southampton from Dorchester. I was trying to protect myself while I was resting. It is not my fault that MrMint walked up to us in the dark of night. How was I to know that he was not a brigand out to rob me of my goods? I apologize for the loss to the town of Marlborough and to MrMint. Travelling on the road is dangerous business. I cannot be blamed for protecting myself and my goods. It seems as thoough MrMint may not have been adequately prepared for a trade journey on dangerous roads.

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
That is a ridiculous offense. So, after defending youself, you decided to relieve MrMint of his purse? Utter nonsense! You were in the company of a known highwayman and with him, commited an act of banditry. We should add perjury to the charges against you! This disrespect for this court should help earn you the gallows!

Last defence pleading wrote:
I am surprised at your obtuse and arrogant behaviour. Previously, I had defended myself against Dandrane and his band of robbers. In this defense, I not only took Dandrane's belongings but those of one of his travel companions as well. I was acquitted of those charges. I am not saying that MrMint attacked me, but when one travels the roads that person should be prepared for any wrong doing. Just as I was. MrMint was obviously not prepared as such, that is not my fault. Maybe the towns that send out traders to other towns should supply there charges with arms and protection. That would be protection in the form of vast numbers.
To say to me that I was on the roads with a person of questionable character, is laughable. Mr. Dark_devil is a honorable and trustworthy individual. Before you talk about his manner, maybe you should get to know him.
I like to live by one thing, and that is....."Do not judge a book by it's cover."
Who is to say that MrMint did not aggressively launch himself at us, and come out on the wrong end. Just because his goods are in my possesion does not mean anything except that we did interlock in a scuffle, that he lost. The fact that I did not put him up on charges, would be due to the fact that I understand the risks of being on the road. I am willing to pay the price of my ignorance, if it would come to that.

for GOD, COUNTRY and KING.

Dark_devil (called by the defence) wrote:
I'm not sure my testimony could help you my friend, but what Sir Gruagach said is absolutely right, we travelled together to protect ourself from robbers, this man surprised us !
We thought we were attacked and we defended, that's a normal behaviour, roads are not very safe in these times...

I would just like to add something to what my friend said :

"Don't judge a book by its cover.
I'm not much of a man by the light of day
But by night I'm one hell of a lover. "

MrMint (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
Honorable judge. I was traveling from Southhampton to Dorchester and parts beyod to sell items Marlborough was blessed with and these other towns were in shortage. During the journey I was set upon by the bandits Dark_Devil and Gruagach who had joined forces to become a greater danger to travellers. The thieves caught me and stole my gold, but left my goods alone. These criminals are waxing bolder in attacking travelers and are a danger to the crown in their damage to commerce or one day seizing control of a town. I request that these thieves receive maximum justice to promote the Good of Wiltshire and to provide compensation to their victims. No town can grow prosperous if it has citizens such as these. Long live the King.

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of traitorousness.
May the defendant rise!

On the charges of traitorousness/robbery I find you: Guilty as charged.

I herebye sentance you to: 2 days inprissonment and a 100 pound fine.

You try to justify your crime saying your victim should know better then to travel the roads unprotected. This has nothing to do with the fact that you did rob him and steal his money and this is a crime in the county of Wiltshire. So now you have to pay for your crime.

Case closed!

The defendant has been sentenced to prison penalty 2 days.

Case judged by Björkel
Back to top Go down

[Traitorousness] Gruagach vs Marlborough - Guilty (8/4/06)
Page 1 of 1