Archives of England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Rino
Student

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-01-08

[Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty Empty
PostSubject: [Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty   [Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty EmptyThu 5 Apr - 8:06

Lawsuit between Timujin and Cornwall

Timujin was charged with the commission of betrayal.

The sentence has been passed

Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of betrayal.
I Find Timujin quilty. This was a hard case to decide but the main thing is Timujin bought for Chocodriver an excessive amount of alchol when she was AFK. you must pay a fine of 5 lbs and give Chocodriver 1 trust point. As a side note everyone should not accept drinks when they are AFK, but it is the resposiblilty of each of us, even when celebrating, to be responsible for ourselves and for each other.
The defendant has been sentenced to 5 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment

Your Honour,
On this the 26 of March, I bring before you the case of the County of Cornwall vs. Timujin .
The defendant is a patron of a pub in the town of Fowey, a pub which the victim in the case used to feel safe attending. However, recently she was taken advantage of in the pub, and left the establishment very very drunk. She was too drunk to work, or even to eat.
This has caused problems for the victim, who has lost some health and status, not to mention wages, due to the actions of some in the Pub.

The defendant is accused of giving the victim too much alcohol, taking the victim to the point where she was suffering.
The defendant did this knowing that the beer would have this effect, and after having been asked by other patrons in the bar to stop offering beer to the Victim, Chocoriver.
The defendant also knew that the victim was in no state to refuse the beers, even when that was needed, and continued to recklessly offer the beers.
(OOC: The Defendant had been told that the victime was AFK.)
The defendant gave a total of 23 unrequested beers to the victim while she was in this state.

The actions and intentions of the defendant violated the following section of Cornish law:
Under II, 10 , i: Harassment: "The act of causing distress to another person through words or actions after being warned that one’s words or actions have caused distress."

For the Charge of Harassment, this office holds that the act of knowingly getting the victim this drunk, AND knowing that it would cause him distress fulfill the first requirement of the charge. It is true that the victim did not warn the defendant that there was distress being caused, nor did the victime ask the defendant to stop. However, the defendant was asked to stop by another citizen in the bar, and the defendant was made aware of the fact that the victim was in no state to refuse the beers, and continued to buy them anyway. This not only shows a lack of caring and respect for the victime's well being, but also a lack of respect for the request of the other patrons in the bar. This office would note that the law does not require the victim to inform the harasser of the distress, only that the harasser has been warned.

As evidence of these charges, this office will call the victim, Chocoriver to the stand. We will also call the barkeeper Deathounder3.
We will also submit transcripts in which the defendant states that he knew what he was doing, and the effects it would cause.

I thank the court for their time.

To the defendant, I wish to remind you that you have the right to consult a lawyer before entering any plea. To seek a lawyer, please contact the Judge, my office, or the Law Society of England, or a private lawyer of your choice. There is also a Lawyers office in the Cornwall Inn, located at :http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=12859.

May justice be served in this case.
(OOC:AFK is away from keyboard)

First defence pleading

Your Honour.

Let me ferst Piont out that "Drangon's Belly Inn" is a Bar People Soppose to get Drunk in The Bar.

In the night in question i have entered the tavern with no ill intention on the accuser for my intention to Celebrate my ferst catch at my new fishing Baout (I accedentaly trow away my ferst boat).

So i lett the ale flowing so to speak..

yess. i know what toomuch ale will do to a person but its not my foult nor intention to coss them soffering .coz i know thay can ollways refuse (by clicking the Mug icon)

Occ..Yess i been told that she,s AFK but the time that ben said to me i have ollready given too much ale. so the damage is ollready done when the time that i have known that she (the Accuser) is AFK.

So i say again that im not guilty in this said acusation for my intention is to celebrate not to coss such suffering to anny one..

Occ..its the players resposebelity on his/her own character to not let it be too drunk by simply clicking the refeusal to drink botton beffore going "AFK"

Prosecutor indictment

Your Honour,
The victim does not deny that she could have prevented this.
Also, the office of the PP does not want to limit people celibrating events, such as the purchase of a new boat. On a side note, Congratulations on buying your boat. As a former fisher myself, I know that is a great time in one's fishing career.
However, the office of the PP does want to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

The defendant knew that he had given, in his own words, "too much ale". In a record from the tavern, he also boasts that the victim was"was so drunk Yesterday she still Red" (See record:https://2img.net/h/i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/iwishiwasawashingmachine/BUSTED.jpg).
In recollection of what happend that evening, a third witness, Silverglove, recalls the following bit of converstaion"
Timujin : by making the people in the bar So drunk that thay start to piss alcohol
Silverglove : i see...and HOW...did you decide to do that?
Timujin : selebrating my ferst fishing Expidition"
Please note that the last line of this is noted in the above record.(OOC: ALso, that is a copy from the tavern memories. Tavern memories have been submitted in cases in the past in Sussex as I recall, I will find records if the Judge requests. However, please note that they appear in reverse order, as that is how they appear in the tavern.)

At this time, the Office of the PP would ask if it is possible for us to call a third witness, namely Silverglove. There are past cases where testimony from outside the court-room has been considered. (See: Sussex vs. Mr. P -Treason; Cornwall vs. Dark Devil -Treason; Cornwall vs. Zekiel- Treason; I can again provide records if requested.) This witness' testimony can be made public, and treated in the same manor as all public testimony, and I would not object to the chance for the defendant to have a thrid pleading, if needed, as a rebuttle to this extra witness.

The defendant seems to indicate that his intention was to get the patrons "So drunk that thay start to piss alcohol".

I would ask to remind the court of the law in question at this time:
"The act of causing distress to another person through words or actions after being warned that one’s words or actions have caused distress."
The defendant did give the victim too much alcohol, something of which he seems to be aware.
In an other record from the taverns that night, the defendant is seen saying that he has been drunk many times, and knows exactly what will happen.(See court record:https://2img.net/h/i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/iwishiwasawashingmachine/busted2.jpg)
Further, Silverglove will testify that the defendant was asked to stop serving the alcohol, and in the first record it seems to be indicated that the defendant was only serving to Chocoriver, and not to the tavern in general.
The defendant caused harm, and knew his actions would cause this harm. That is not in doubt, based on the statements of the defendant.

As for sentancing, the office of the PP looks to the law. In III;2;iii;3.3 (Book 3, chapter 2, article 3.3), the law states that the punishment should be:"10 day in jail,no limits for monetary penalties."
In this case, I personally feel this is very harsh. Art. iv of that same text allows for the judge to chose a reasonable fine. Art.iv also allows the court to offer the chance to further reduce the penalty, if it is paid to the victim and/or the county. We ask that the judge seriously consider this in his judgement.
The witness Deathhounder3 indicated that he offered 30 pounds to the victim. The office of the PP feels that this sets a guideline for this case. In light of the fact that the defendants transgressions are more serious than those of the witness, we ask that a fine of 53 pounds. This may be reduced to 30 pounds payable to the victim and 10 to the county, under the Law III;2;iii;3.4.

If the defendant, or his council, and/or court, or anyone else, would like the records mentioned above, please contact the PP Drrino, who will provide them.

On a final side note, the office of the PP thanks the witness Thrydwulf for his apoligies, and we offer our own, as the office of the PP has taken too long in responding to the defense. While the law may allow me 2 days, I would rather respond on the same day, which I was unable to do. (Sorry, RL.) I would also thank the witness and defense for their cordial tone, which is very nice to see in the courts. THANK YOU BOTH!!!

Thank you for your time.

-CONTINUED IN NEXT MESSAGE_
Back to top Go down
Dr. Rino
Student

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-01-08

[Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty   [Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty EmptyThu 5 Apr - 8:06

Last defence pleading

You Honnor..
Now let me answer the Procecutor on the alleged Evedence of my ill intention.

The defendant knew that he had given, in his own words, "too much ale". In a record from the tavern, he also boasts that the victim was"was so drunk Yesterday she still Red" (See record:https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/iwishiwasawashingmachine
yess i have saed that true but why is she so Red thats becoz she never Refuse the drinks that means she wanted it(OOC She had the option to “X” the Tankard even if “AFK”).
Your Honour as stated by the Procecutor
The victim does not deny that she could have prevented this.that statement clearly says that she know what she's doing

Also, the office of the PP does not want to limit people celibrating events, such as the purchase of a new boat.like the Procecutor have stated thers nothing Iligal on Celebrating

In recollection of what happend that evening, a third witness, Silverglove, recalls the following bit of converstaion"
Timujin : by making the people in the bar So drunk that thay start to piss alcohol
Silverglove : i see...and HOW...did you decide to do that?
Timujin : selebrating my ferst fishing Expidition"

i wold like to Explane to those who dont Understund how to celebrate the way should a Celebration should be held specialy when its been held to a plce like a Tavern,Inn or a Bar..
.ferst of all you don't spent one(1)Pound you spend a whole lot of Pound on Drinks.that way the Host will show his Genorosity
.Second you are not a good host if you dont manage to sattesfy ther therst of Alcohol.so making them drinks as manny as thay want or how Drunk thay wannabe is up to them(OOC. Again She had the option to “X” the Tankard even if “AFK”).
I(the Host) just suply the Drinks

Further, Silverglove will testify that the defendant was asked to stop serving the alcohol, and in the first record it seems to be indicated that the defendant was only serving to Chocoriver, and not to the tavern in general.
The defendant caused harm, and knew his actions would cause this harm. That is not in doubt, based on the statements of the defendant.
the procecutor forgot(or niglect) to mention that i dont just serve Chocorever i olso serve the other people precent in the Establisment this only pruve that "I" as a good host tha i am personaly servece the drinks to the people before i asked the bar tender to serve the drinks all arround.

Good people of the Cort I ask you now is it a Crime to be generus. is it a crime to be a good host.the answer is NO.
yess i bousted the grate expense that i have spent on that ocasion.like evry host i wanted people to know that i have made the Best Celebration to be known.
yes i have spent a fortune on hard drinks that made Chocoriver to be so drunk that she cant work,eat.
BUT i DO NOT Force nor Wish this illfortune upon her.she is olready on legal age(OCC. lvl 1)she know what shes doing.

Good People of the court. Your Honnor. I thank you for your Time.

The defence called Thrydwulf

His statement:
Your Honour I have the pleasure in being instructed by the accused Timujin to act as his council during this trial... I on his behalf plead Not Guilty!

May apoligies to the court for the delays in the pleading

I would like to start the defence with the accused recollection of the night in question at the said Tavern:

"In the night in question i have entered the tavern with no ill intention on the accuser for i have the in tention to Selebrate my ferst cath at my new fishing Baout (I accedentaly trow away my ferat boat).
in that fatefull day I want the peaple in the sead establishment to selebrate and to be marry so i lett the ale flowing so to speak..
yess. i know what toomusch ale will do to a person but its not my foult nor intention to coss them soffering .coz i know thay can ollways refuse(by clicking the Mug icon)
Yess i been told that she,s AFK but the time that ben said to me i have ollready given too much ale. so the damage is ollready done when the time that i have known that she(the Accuser) is AFK.
So i say again that im not guilty in this said acusation for my intention is to selebrate not to coss such suffering to anny one.."
https://2img.net/h/i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/Thrydwulf01/TimujinTestimony.jpg

Your Honour please forgive the defendants spelling and grammar.

If it pleases the court I would like to make comment on the bill of indictment.

My learned friend has been quick to point out the negative in the partaking of intoxicating liquor, at no point has he pointed out Chocoriver’s mood status before and after the supposed incident or if there was a visitation to the defendant by the lord Jah!

My learned friend also said of the “victim” Chocoriver the following,
“Recently she was taken advantage of in the pub, and left the establishment very very drunk”
May I ask if the defendant, Chocoriver, did not wish to get drunk why was she in the tavern in the first place! Is not a Taverns primary function to sell intoxicating liquor? And if she was not there for a drink or two, why did she continue to accept drinks offered to her (OOC She had the option to “X” the Tankard even if “AFK”).
I believe that the defendant, Chocoriver is of a maturity and age to know how a tavern works (OOC Level One). I would like to draw the courts attention to the following:
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/FichePersonnage.php?login=Chocoriver
A written statement made by the defendant about her love of the odd tipple, quote: “She enjoys the guilty pleasure of ale, wine and liquor and is regularly seen at the tavern”. I let the court draw whatever conclusion it makes from this statement!

So I ask of the “victim” why were you in the tavern accepting drinks knowing the effect that it may have on you, could it be that you where hoping that someone may offer the tavern a round or two of drinks, therefore increasing your mood at no expense to you – but it seems that the little exercise backfired. I do believe that if this had occurred in Plymouth there MAY have been a counter charge of loitering in the tavern!

My Learned friend has quoted the Cornish law regarding Harrasment, i. e.

Under II, 10 , i: Harassment: "The act of causing distress to another person through words or actions after being warned that one’s words or actions have caused distress."

Deathhounder3 in his statement has not stated that he informed the defendant that he may be causing harm to her. Also Deathhounder3 did not see the defendant give the “victim” Chocoriver the drinks (OOC I would be interested to see the transcripts). He himself has admitted to giving the “victim” six ales was this before or after the supposed 23 ales given to the “victim” by the defendant”. If it was after could not this have been the reason that the “victim” could not eat (OOC again would like to see transcripts).

As my learned friend has already quoted some of the harassment law I will quote a little more!

"Or any action designed to create an environment of hostility or repression."

I would like to concentrate on the words “hostility” and “repression” in this sentence, my client has admitted to giving the “victim” intoxicating drink, but was doing so to celebrate the purchase of a new boat after the loss of his previous, in his words “Let the drinks flow and be merry!” does not seem to be an environment of hostility or repression! After all the Lord Jah has gifted us; ales, beers and other intoxicating liquors to lift our spirits and as our spirit and mood increases brings us closer to him and through his joyful nature gives us gifts and example:

"What a strange weed you smoked last night! For sure it wasn't corn leave... You see so clear in you mind today"

Surely Jah, the font of all law, does not see getting drunk as causing an environment of hostility or repression, if he did would he bestow upon us such gifts?... Surely the "victim" should see the incident as a blessing and a gift from defendant as it has bought her closer to the lord Jah!

The defence called Thrydwulf

The prosecutor called Deathhounder3

His statement:
your honour

when i got to the tavern i dint see timujin give any drinks although i did think he was acting strange however when i got in i gave her 6 drinks which i am sorry for giving and have apologized for and am paying 30pounds to the victim but i would like to say that thats all i saw i came in choco wasnt in i gave her some drinks not knowing she wasnt in and then left
The prosecutor called Chocoriver

His statement:
Your Honour, I stand before you today to seek suitable compensation for the wrecklessness of both Timujin and Deathhounder3 On the 20th March on charges of Lower Treason and Harassment.

Whilst in the "Drangon's Belly Inn both the defendants delibaretely took advantage of me and got me drunk to the point of being incapacitated (IRL I was afk). They forced me to drink 29 pints in which I lost a day's work. Under lower treason it states it is "defined as any act that goes against the expressed will of the People of Cornwall and/or England, or any act that threatens the well-being of these people."

Being a level 1 with not much money a days work means a lot to me and threatened my well-being. Further it endangered me from not being able to afford food. I want to state that malicious intent was used, in full knowledge of what too many pints can do to an individual.

I'd like to call Isinfier as a witness who saw the event take place and Silverglove as a witness who listened to Timujin brag about how he spent 50 pounds on beer. I wish this to be recognised publicly so others less fortunate than myself will not suffer the same fate and as a result would like them to receive a symbolic fine worthy of this irresponsible act.

Thank you for listening to me your honour

Close the window
Back to top Go down

[Betrayal] Cornwall vs. Timujin - Guilty
Page 1 of 1